Nine

Amidst a winter's cascade, a tranquil scene unfolded as a white-haired boy emerged from a bed of snow— the result of his snowboarding adventure taking an unexpected turn. Despite the impact of his fall, he gracefully rose, his pale locks brushed by the porcelain powder. Though nature's whimsy temporarily hampered him, his composure remained undisturbed— a testament to his unwavering calm in the face of fleeting mishaps.

"Ouch," he said monotonously.

As he climbed out of the snow, he took off his jacket and began shaking off the snow that had invaded his private space. On his way down the mountaintop, he could not help but think of how much he despised the feeling of the cold nipping at his skin. If it were up to him, he would be back at his cabin, gaming away on his switch for the rest of his time here.

As he finished, he stood atop a rock, brown eyes scanning his surroundings in search of his friends. In normal circumstances, anyone would panic at the discovery of being lost— but this was Seishiro Nagi.

Seishiro Nagi found it a hassle to panic.

"So cold... I'll figure it out later." He shivered, hopping off the rock.

He shoved his cold hands inside his pockets, huffing out a visible breath. Blinking his eyes in the distance, he could make out the faint silhouette of a marketplace bustling with life. He saw smoke. That meant there was a fire— fire meant warmth.

He looked back to find no sign of his snowboard. He supposed it was okay to just leave it be and prioritize his numb fingertips. After all, he remembered the location, he could always come back to get it once he was properly dressed. 

As he began his way toward the marketplace, a hand wrapped itself around his leg. Now, any normal individual would resort to jumping in surprise and possibly kicking the perpetrator— Seishiro, however, decided it would be best to see who grabbed him first.

"Oh, hey Kunigami." He gave his friend a little wave. "Why are you on the ground?"

Rensuke looked up at him, surprised that he was not kicked. "I crashed," he said. "Kind of need a little help here. My foot's stuck."

"Oh," Seishiro said before attempting to help him out. However, they soon discovered the ground has a much more firm grip on the ginger's foot. "Can't."

Rensuke sighed, letting go of Seishiro's hand and allowing himself to fall face-first into the snow. "I figured. I've been trying for quite some time now."

Just as Seishiro was about to make an unhelpful comment, the voice that could fill any of them with great relief came. "Need a little help there, gentlemen?" There, (Y/n) was, in all her glory.

Rensuke looked as if he could just cry out of happiness. "Ms. (L/n)!"

"I see you are in a little predicament." She chuckled. "Please step aside, Mr. Nagi."

The white-haired boy obliged, and before anyone knew it, the girl had slipped the boy out of the snow and put him back onto his feet. Rensuke brushed snow off his clothes and thanked his savior profusely. 

"I've been in the ground for so long, I was afraid my leg would detach!"

"I'm sorry to hear that." (Y/n) smiled sadly. "It was my misjudgment that led us to that situation. Anyway, it seems to me that the rest of our friends have already gone to the marketplace for some warmth. Shall we head on over?"

"Of course." Rensuke nodded. 

As (Y/n) prepared to lead the two boys to their destination, a hand latched itself around her arm.

"Is there anything you need, Mr. Nagi?" She asked, turning around to face the boy who was much taller than her.

Seishiro looked hesitant at first, chestnut eyes avoiding her gaze. He knew his request was about to sound childish, but he always said what he wanted to say. What exactly was different this time?