Twelve

"There should be a set of basic toiletries and a towel at the edge of each of your beds," (Y/n) said as she escorted her guests down to their lodgings. "If any of you need any more supplies, just give me a call with the telephone placed by your bed."

"Such an attentive host," Reo said. "If you were to have become a hotelier, it would be for a hotel with prestige."

"I've been told." (Y/n) chuckled. "I considered it once, to be honest."

"And why did you not pursue it?"

The (h/c)-haired girl shrugged and gestured around her. "If not me, who would look after this place?"

"Surely, with such big land your parents could afford to hire attendants." Reo shook his head in disapproval.

"They could and they should have." Hyoma nodded in agreement. "I hope you haven't grown too accustomed to holding such responsibility all over your shoulders, (L/n)."

"I agree. As they are your parents, I find it a little upsetting that they are so luxurious in their self-indulging while allowing you to take it all on," Rensuke said.

(Y/n) clenched her fists ever so subtly as a clear frown made its way on her face. She disliked when people easily jumped on the opportunity to badmouth her parents. They did not know how much they had gone through.

"Thank you for your concern, but there is a lot more history behind their actions than you'd think," she said. "I'd appreciate it if we skip over this topic. It doesn't make me feel comfortable."

The others, astonished by her firm defense of her parents, decided to simply comply. They remained silent for the rest of their settling down, with Meguru uttering a few words here and there about the most mundane of things.

Soon, they found themselves seated around a bonfire beneath the bright moon with sticks in their hands to roast marshmallows.

"I'm surprised the fire is hot enough for us to be able to take off our coats," Reo said.

"The snow is literally melting." Meguru pointed out. "If we put enough gas and spirit... We can probably melt the winter away!"

"That's not how it works, Bachira."

Each football player immersed themselves in lively conversations with one another, whether it be about deliberating the benefits of early morning practice for muscle development or engaging in spirited debates over tomorrow's lunch menu. 

Nevertheless, it seemed to have tired Seishiro enough that he asked to be excused to grab a quick drink to wake himself up. Now, normally Seishiro would have simply gone to bed, but seeing as it was only 10 pm, Reo complained that he was not enjoying their vacation to the fullest.

"...and don't get yourself a cup of lemon tea! That would only push you to sleep even more."

Seishiro whined about not liking the taste of any other drink but eventually begrudgingly agreed to settle with a cup of black coffee.

He whipped open the main cabin's door and was greeted by its chilling darkness, a realization of his need to navigate to the kitchen in the pitch darkness sinking in. But in every friend group he had ever been in, Seishiro had always been known for his most defining trait— his laziness and refusal to do more than the bare minimum.

Seishiro threw aside his outside shoes and stepped onto the cold, hard floor with only his socks on. He held his arms out in front of him in a pathetic attempt to prevent further accidents.

Other than that, however, it was a surprise that he had lasted a while before he eventually stubbed his toe on the corner of a coffee table. 

"Owie..." Seishiro frowned as he crumpled to the ground with his foot in his hand.