➥ WEEK ONE.

WORDS; 1,317.
TO; Yourself, The Reader.

= ▆▆▆▆ ∇ ▆▆▆▆ ∇ ▆▆▆▆ =

A tireless Tuesday took place that first day back. There was no Monday, since it was a school holiday, so this week will be one day shorter than usual. As the bell rung through the hallway, students scattered to take a seat beside someone who they recognised as a familiar and safe person, though the grade sevenths hadn't much clarity in that area, unless they knew someone from their old school. The morning was still quite active nonetheless.

Ms. Niki Nihachu put a blank piece of paper before her home group students, telling them; "I want you all to introduce yourself, even if I know you from last year. Tell me whatever is most important about your identity." Her kind voice influenced her grade nine's to cause less trouble than they would for other teachers.

Most teachers used a similar method to have their students introduce themself, but Mr. James Marriott was quirky for his. His focus was on his phone as the grade sevens made it to their seats. "Sir?" Called one of the smallest students, Lani. "Hm? Do you have a good reason to be disturbing me?"

The children felt rather intimidated by his distant authority. "Do, um. Sorry." She cut herself off mid-sentence and all of them took this as a chance to socialise around, forming new friendships.

Though there were clearly two who were now avoiding one another, Drista and Tommy. Eryn sat by Tommy and attempted at comforting him, "She's just an arse, ignore her." Billzo joined in. The four had known one another for years, though Bill did end up moving schools toward the end of grade four, leaving Eryn, Drista and Tommy all that time ago.

"Ah, look at that." Mr. Marriott, in that of an announcer's voice, called as he stood from his desk. The class fell silent, staring intently. "All according to plan."

He observed the students in their chosen groups. "You've all found who you want to befriend, right? How are we all?" James said, as if he didn't just want a few minutes more on his phone. "Good." Answered his students in unison. "Lovely." He sat back at his desk. "But sir," Lani started. "Mm?"

"You haven't done attendance yet." Her classmates were equally as surprised as James was. "I'll get right onto that. Thank you for the reminder, erm. You."

On Tuesday, we learned that every student but one had attended once Mr.  Marriott finally did the attendance.  That day was when everyone got a locker, a lock and their books.  Though any pens, pencils, rubbers and such were to be provided for the students by the students themselves.

First and second period passed with mainly introductions and a few games, now was when everyone scattered to find a table at lunch. While some went outside to eat, there was clearly more gathering in the cafeteria. Wilbur was avoiding his little brother, Tommy, like the plague, trying to say how he isn't associated with him out of embarrassment. Sally laughed, thinking they were an adorable duo, Wilbur blushed and told her off, only making her laugh some more.

Fundy met Callahan, though there was a bit of an age difference, Fundy thought Callahan was a cool new friend since they're both furries. Alyssa, one of the teacher assistants, was commonly found by the kid's side to help him communicate with teachers and other kids, since he's mute.