Prologue

Avery

Graduating early was a smart decision for me financially. My parents didn't have enough to send both I and Macy to college so I had to always be on top of my game. I graduated almost 5 years ago and currently working to pay for my sister's tuition. I always hated applying for jobs because of how much patience and time they required. Despite the struggle, my love for journalism increased every time I went on Tik-Tok and saw people easily believe whatever was put on their screens and that's when I finally clicked on it.

''MOORE ENTERPRISES'', they owned most of the largest companies in North America. I heard the CEO was a very attractive young man but he always avoided being photographed, if you ask me, I'll say it's because he's actually an old man who about to die because why else would you avoid cameras so much. Anyways I'm going to apply to their broadcast news company here in Seattle because they pay really well and maybe I can finally settle down because it's been a while since I focused on myself.

Nicolas

I hate being in front of cameras because they remind me of that night, all I remember was my mom pleading to my father to stop hitting me while his assistant at the time who did all his dirty work just watched and recorded. My father was a man whose ego would eventually lead him straight to his downfall. Everyday I wonder where everything went so wrong, how did they go from being so loving and caring to cursing and humiliating each other. Ever since Jacob died, the joy and happiness died in this house so I guess you could say my brother was the golden sunshine and I was my father's greatest disappointment.

When you're the CEO of the largest company in North America, you start to care less about people's opinion because whatever you do is going to get judged either-way. Sometimes I even forget that I'm allowed to live my own life especially with the amount of personal relationships that have failed due to the other individual having ulterior motives for getting close to me. I refuse to open my heart again because it results in me getting hurt over and over again. I guess expecting someone to love and care for you without wanting you for just your money is too much when you're the most famous eligible bachelor in the country.

 I guess expecting someone to love and care for you without wanting you for just your money is too much when you're the most famous eligible bachelor in the country

Hi everyone, I'm not sure how this story will turn out but I hope that you all enjoy it. Just a heads up that some times the story might switch POV's. I would like to ask that that you all be patient with me because this is a story still in progress and I am a student so it takes a lot from my time but I'll still try my very best to not leave you all hanging. I hope you all enjoy the story and feel free to put in the comments anything opinions about things you would like to see done differently.