the favorite ~ 6

the next morning i wake up on the couch with a blanket i've never seen before. the rain is hitting the windows and it's southing.
i feel so far away from the back of the couch too, like i'm leaning up against it but i'm on the edge.

i take a deep breath and find a familiar smell, chris. i roll over to my other side and see chris awake with a smile on his face. his fist is holding his head up.
"well hello there" i say with a little laugh
"how'd you sleep?" he asks me
"fine, i mean i felt like i was about to roll off the edge of a cliff but" he laughs
"you're pretty" he says after a few long seconds of silence. i move my hands to cover my face.
"i'm not"
"yes you are. you can't say your not because you'd be lying to the entire world"
"honestly i'm fine with that"
"yo love birds- we get it" someone speaks and we both look over to see that matt is sitting on the other end of the couch. along with adri and nova. nick is off somewhere on his own.

i start laughing a little embarrassed and chris does too.
"i'm hungry" nova says
"me too" matt gets up off his phone and walks to the kitchen. nova and adriana follow him.

i look back to chris's eyes.
they're so soft, and calm.
"how are you so happy with me?"
"because your my favorite person"
i blush a little but hold eye contact
"why are you so nice to me?"
"because your my favorite person"
i smile harder
"but why do you care so much about me"
"because your my favorite person"
i laugh at his repetitive words.
i fluff up his hair and he clenches his eyes
my hand runs through his hair too though and i hold it behind his neck.
how is it even possible to feel this safe with someone?
"you want cereal?" matt asks as he peeks his head around the corner
"yeah sure" chris says and sighs "luna's having some too"
i say nothing but just start to get up.

matt leaves and chris grabs my arm.
"you ok?" he asks with a low voice
"m-hm" i hum lazily
"you need to."
"i know"
"will you?"
"i guess" i shrug
he smiles and hugs me. "thank you"
"yup" i say, upset with my decision
he pulls away and kisses my forehead, my head widen and my cheeks get hot.
he laughs at me getting flustered and grabs my hand. he leads me into the kitchen and let's go as we walk in.

"nice of you to finally join us" adri says and wiggles her eyebrows a couple times to make a point.

chris gets an bowl and grabs the frosted flakes off the counter to pour them in, then he pours milk and slides the bowl over to me alone with a spoon.
he makes another bowl and walks with it over to my side.
"we should go somewhere" adriana says
"sure" i take a single piece of cereal in my spoon and put in in my mouth.
chris nudges my elbow and i look to him. he raises his eyebrows at me. i know what he means, 'eat more than just one thing.'

i just look back to my bowl and take a spoonful of cereal and eat it. he puts his fist out for a fist bump and a comply.
"okay but where" chris asks adri
"i dunno i just kinda wanna go out"
"i wanna go bowling" nick chimes in as he walks in from his bedroom
"actually me too" i say
"okay what about everyone else?" he asks

everyone agrees so we all get ready to go.
i'm sitting on the couch waiting for everyone else and matt walks in and sits on the couch with me.
"can i drive?" i ask him
"we'll we're going to have to take the van"
"i know, can i drive?"
"yes please. but i'm sitting up front i'm not sitting in the back of my own car"
"who else would sit in the front"
"chris. especially if you're driving"
"what's that supposed to mean?"
"you should figure that out for yourself"
"figure what out for yourself?" chris enters the living room along with nova.
"see? it doesn't mean anything" i say strictly to matt, making it noticeable to him that he came down with nova.
he just shakes his head. after a few seconds of silence chris talks again.
"is anyone gonna tell me what's going on?"
i laugh and shake my head.

eventually we're all in the car heading to the bowling alley.
when we get there, we pick out shoe sizes at the desk.
"i don't even know what my shoe size is" i say
"i'm a 7 1/2" nova says. "come here" he puts her foot next to mine and we have identically sized feet.
"i guess i'm a 7 1/2" i tell the girl behind the desk.
"okay" she says and reaches behind her to get a pair of shoes.

"and you sir?" she talks to chris in a weird high pitched voice. i grimace at her tone and look back and forth between chris and the girl.
"9 1/2" he leans on the desk with a smile, like it's a joke.
i see her name tag on the dorky uniform and it reads claire.
claire gets a pair of shoes behind her, set them down on the ground, get a small piece of paper, and writes something on it. my head are locked on her the whole time, and i hoped she could feel the burning in the back of her head.

when she's done writing whatever the fuck she's writing, she puts it in one of the shoes in front of him. is she actually stupid to think he'll actually take it? or is he too stupid to actually take it.

once everyone has their shoes, we all begin to walk over. before we leave though, i watch chris take the paper out of his shoe and crumple it in his hand. he throws it in the trash can and puts his arm around me as we walk over. i start blushing. he really does care about me..

as we get over to the lane, we put in our names.
chris took over so i didn't even get to make my own name. meaning chris made my name.
NICOLAS
simp 4 nova
simp 4 adri
mattthemunch
chrissy
c's fav

the rest of my day was really fun. i'm loving the extra attention from chris, it feels really good.

i still can't really sleep at night, because of what happened. it's hard to think about but my mind is always on it. when will i get over this? will it ever end?