II- Lagos

April 1, 2016

April 1, 2016

Celestia took a bite out of a muffin, making sure her hair was in front of her ear, while looking around the streets of Lagos.

"All right, what do you see?" Steve asked over coms.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda responded, subtly looking around.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve asked, quizzing the new recruit.

"Cameras." She responded in less than a second.

"Both cross streets are one-way." Steve stated.

"So, compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He ain't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wanda responded making Celestia grin and take another bite.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security... which means more guns... which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Nat spoke.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Nat and Celestia said at the same time.

"Anybody ever tell you guys you're a little paranoid?" Sam asked making Celestia stifle her laugh.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Nat teased.

"Eyes on target, folks." Steve cut off. "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us." Sam scoffed.

"Eh, I don't blame him. He did get blown up and it was our fault." Celestia said, taking another bite. She saw Nat shrug from behind.

"True, but if he wasn't Hydra, well..." She trailed off.

"Hm, fair."

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it." Steve said.

It was silent for a few seconds before Sam said, "Give me X-ray." to Redwing.

"That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed." Sam spoke.

"It's a battering ram." Nat said, weirdly calm.

"Go now." Steve spoke.

"What?" Wanda asked, confused.

"He's not hitting the police." Celestia explained, biting her muffin once more, before she stood up and walked over to where she saw Sam flying to.

As soon as she was out of sight of everyone, she ran. She arrived, immediately seeing an agent fall onto a car roof as Sam stood above him.

Celestia groaned when she saw that they were wearing masks, which meant that she couldn't sent smoke into the soldiers without somehow removing their masks. Wanda landed in-front of her, creating a shield, then lifting him up with her powers, sending him back to Sam.

"Six." Sam said after taking out the soldier.

Celestia spotted one behind a car with his back to her and she immediately, but quietly, ran over, and did Natasha's signature move that she had recently taught her.

With her legs on his shoulders, she reached to his jaw, reifing his mask off his face, and putting a hand over his nose and mouth. She released smoke from her palm, straight into his windpipes, making him extremely drowsy (which would eventually turn into sleep, then him not waking up). She jumped off of him before grabbing his gun, turning around, and shooting another soldier that was trying to sneak up on her.

He collapsed immediately.

"Four left, Steve." She said into Comms.

Redwing flew back to where they were, scanning the building. "Rumlow's on the third floor." Sam announced as Steve walked up.

"Wanda, just like we practiced." Steve said, pointing to the brunette.

"What about the gas?" She asked Steve who was walking away.

"Get rid of it." Wanda immediately had her hands surrounded in the red magic, pushing Steve up to the third floor.

Celestia stood next to the hesitant Wanda. "Hey, you've done this hundreds of times, you'll do great."

Wanda inhaled, and put her hands up, the red magic falling from her palms and surrounding the gas, slowly bringing it out and sending it up.

Celestia, hearing gunshots and trusting Wanda, turned around, and got the gun (she had stolen from the soldier before) out of the waist band of her jeans. She shot at every soldier Sam didn't, taking quite a few down before Sam turned around and pulled her in front of him, protecting him with the shield and her with his body.

He held up his wrist, pressing a few things on the device, sending small rockets to take out the soldiers hiding behind cars. Sam and Celestia grinned at each other.

The blonde turned around, seeing that Wanda had made a sort of tornado with the gas.

Sam flew away as Steve told him where Rumlow was headed. Celestia stood with Wanda for a few minutes while she accurately got the gas up into the air before she spoke. "Hey, we should probably go make sure they're okay."

Wanda smiled, and grabbed Celestia. Using her powers, she flew them to where food stalls and many civilians were, landing a few feet away from Steve.

Rumlow was on his knees in front of Steve. Celestia caught a glimpse of his burnt face, grimacing.

"And you're coming with me." She heard him say to Steve under his breath. Celestia's eyes widened when she saw him press a button, and was about to step forward, but it was just a ball of flames, consuming Rumlow.

Both Steve and Celestia looked to Wanda as she contained the explosion. She sent it upward, but it crashed into the side of a building, sending the explosion all throughout it. Celestia stared up at it, stepping forward, not even blinking when some of the dust and debris covered her face.

"Sam... we need Fire and Rescue on the south side of the building." She heard Steve say into his comms before she saw him run forward. She was just about to follow before her mind flickered to the girl behind her. She turned around and saw Wanda on her knees, staring up at the building, a hand on her mouth, and tears welling in her eyes.

Celestia stepped forward and collapsed in front of her, copying how she sat. She immediately put her hands on either side of the brunette's face. "Don't. I know you're going to blame yourself, but don't. You didn't purposely do that, and you saved so many people with containing the gas and the explosion down here. Can you stay here while I go help? Please?"

Wanda stared up at her, tears falling down her face, but she nodded.

"Thank you." Celestia said, nervously biting her lip, before standing up and running in the direction Steve ran.

Thought it was kinda cute how Wanda flew Celestia and her somewhere like how Pietro used to speed her and him places
Anyway, next chapter is when the drama and Civil War stuff actually starts to happen
I love you, vote and comment if you want, and have an amazing day/night