III- Accords

May 2, 2016

May 2, 2016

"11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria last month. The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos, when the attack occurred." The news reporter spoke on Wanda's TV, as the brunette stared intently at it, while Celestia glanced at the girl every few seconds.

"Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil... not only because of the actions of criminals... but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent... is no victory at all." King T'Chaka spoke on the TV next.

"The Wakandan king went on to-" Celestia swapped the channels trying to find something else, but it was just another News reporter speaking. She went to reach for the remote again, but red tendrils surrounded it and sent it behind them onto her dresser near the door.

"They are operating outside and above the international law. Because that's the reality, if we don't respond to acts like these. What legal authority does an enhanced individual like Wanda Maximoff have to operate in Nigeri-" The TV turned off, interrupting the man.

Celestia turned around, seeing Steve leaning on the doorway.

"It's my fault." Wanda spoke.

"That's not true." Steve denied.

"Turn the TV back on. They're being very specific." She looked to the man at the doorway who was looking down.

"I should've clocked that bomb vest long before you had to deal with it." He started walking over, and Celestia immediately scooched over so Steve could sit next to Wanda. "Rumlow said 'Bucky'... and all of a sudden I was a 16-year-old kid again, in Brooklyn." As he sat, he placed a thankful hand on Celestia's knee, and kept it there as he began talking again. "And people died. It's on me." Celestia looked past Steve to find Wanda looking at him.

"It's on both of us." Celestia wanted to interrupt and say 'it's on neither of you' but she thought that would wreck the moment.

"This job... we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that... then next time... maybe nobody gets saved." He had squeezed Celestia's knee a couple times as he spoke, squeezing again when all three (Steve the least) jumped at Vision phasing through the wall.

"Vis! We talked about this." Wanda scolded as all three of them looked to him.

"Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that..." he trailed off as he realised his mistake. "Captain Rogers and Ms Cabrera wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving." Celestia rolled her eyes at the android still calling her 'Ms Cabrera' no matter how many times she told him to stop calling her that.