Quiet Rage and Bruises

The woman was none other than Jang Mi. Her hands held the belt firmly, not letting the matron move it even an inch.

"M-Ms. Jang Mi! It's... it's not what it looks like, I-"

"Shut the fuck up." Jang Mi hissed at the trembling matron. The aura that radiated from her was terrifying, and the matron couldn't help but immediately go down on her knees. It was terrifying to look into her eyes.

This matron had just abused her half brother. But she wasn't angry because she accepted him as a brother, no, but because he was her half brother. His image, his way of conduct, and his behaviour were now linked to her, he had basically become a part of her.
And Lee Jang Mi didn't like being mistreated. She won't endure this.

"Ms. Jang Mi, I'm sorry, I've... made a terrible mistake! Please spare me-"

"Did you not hear what I just said? Shut the fuck up." Jang Mi said, her tone dropping down an octave and successfully silencing down the shameless woman who was now begging on her knees. Now that there was finally some quietness, Jang Mi turned her head to look at the young boy who had collapsed upon the floor, whimpering lowly due the terrible pain inflicted on him. He had many cuts and bruises that were bleeding, some were fresh while some others looked as if they had been here for sometime. His eyes were barely staying open anymore, he was losing consciousness rapidly.

Her hand left the belt as she quickly moved towards Jin and, picking him up in her arms, she walked towards the infirmary. She knew he won't die, so she wasn't too worried about his health. The other boys who were just nearby, saw her walking with Jin, so they too ran after her. The nurse stood up seeing an injured Jin, along with his brothers and a woman coming her way.

Jang Mi placed Jin on one of the bed and asked the nurse to do the necessary first aid. The nurse said nothing and just started treating the boy.

"Noona... What happened to hyung?" A teary eyed Jimin asked, using his fists to wipe away the tears that were coming out one after the other. Jang Mi glanced down at him, noticing how his nose and eyes immediately turned red.

"He'll be fine...Just fine, Jimin-ah," Yoongi wasted no time in moving forward to comfort his dongseng. Knowing that Jimin was a fairly sensitive child, he gave him a sideways hug and moved his hands along his arm gently to calm him down. Jimin seemed to lean into the touch as well, so Yoongi's way was working. The other boys also huddled together, worriedly looking over at their eldest hyung, who was injured and lying motionless upon the bed with his eyes closed.

Jang Mi, seeing that the situation was fairly under control, she walked towards Nmajoon and bent down slightly to match his height. "I'm going somewhere. Stay here with your brother. Wait for me." She said, and Namjoon slowly nodded. He was curious as to where she was suddenly going, so he didn't hesitate to ask her, "Where are you going, noona?"

But Jang Mi was already out of the door, not bothering to answer his question.

___

The sirens blared as police cars entered the orphanage grounds. The officers stepped out of the vehicle to be immediately greeted by Chang Wook, being the one who called them.

"Where is the matron?" The male officer asked, looking around and observing the surroundings.

"We temporarily locked her up in the storage room, and um... You might find minor injuries upon her. She was abusing Lee Jang Mi's younger brother and also drugging many other children of the orphanage. Jang Mi didn't like that at all, and, well, gave a little punch to her. It's nothing major, though." He informed, saying the last part hastily, trying to explain the situation to the best of his ability. By then, Jang Mi's secretary, Sana had arrived at the scene as well, and she quickly got the details of all that had happened.