~Eight~

---------------------
George's pov
---------------------

He moved a little closer to me, causing butterflies to flood my stomach. Whenever I looked over at him, he looked so deep in thought. I couldn't help but wonder what was on his mind.

It seemed to be something about me as he'd been avoiding me. I wanted to talk to him but I didn't know how. My eyes wandered over to him.

His dirty blonde hair was still slightly messy but it looked adorable. His face was very still but gorgeous.

He made me feel a way I never had before. I prayed that that feeling wasn't love. I was too afraid to love again.

I wanted to tell him how I felt in hopes that he would feel the same. I wanted to just turn around and kiss him. Why am I thinking like this?

"Dream?" I wasn't fully sure what I was going to say but I wanted to say something.
"Yeah?" The sound of his voice caused a buzz of nervousness to rise. I began to overthink about what I was going to say.
"I- Uhh... Nevermind." I let the nerves take control of me.

I felt my face heat up as I looked over to see Dream with a confused expression. He stared in front of him, once again deep in thought.

I hate to say it but I think I'm in love...

~~~~~

---------------------
Dream's pov
---------------------

We began the walk home. The rain had calmed down and the trees shielded most of it. We had turned the music off now, falling into a silence.

I wanted to break the silence but I didn't know how. Before I could think of how, the silence was cut.

"Dream?" George's voice was shaky, causing me to spin around in worry.
"What's wrong?" I tried not to sound to panicked.
"What was that noise?" He whispered.
"Probably some murderer or maybe a deadly wild animal." I joked.
"Dream, that's not funny." He sounded genuinely scared, making me feel bad.

I got closer to him to comfort him. I put my arm around his shoulder and we began to walk again. I felt butterflies form in my stomach at the closeness.

We didn't talk but it was a very comfortable silence. I looked over to see a light pink dusted on his cheeks. I smiled to myself as we made it back home.

We got to the door and I removed my arm from around him. We walked into the house, taking off our shoes and making our way to the sofa.

I should've gone to bed as it was 11pm but I had a need to be around George. We both sat at opposite ends of the same sofa, scrolling through our phones.

I decided to open my messages...

~~~~~

George

Hii :)

Hello :)

How are you :)

Good you?

Yup
I'm tired

Same :(

My hoodie looks
good on you ;)

This is yours?

Yep :)

~~~~~

I put my phone down beside me, sitting up slightly. I got up to get myself a snack from the kitchen but stopped at the sight of George. He looked absolutely beautiful.

I eventually stopped staring and finally got up. I made it to the kitchen and started searching the cupboards for something.

I felt eyes on my back, causing me to turn around. I saw George stood in the doorway, staring at me. My mind began to race and all of the urges came back.

What was he doing?

Why was he looking at me like that?

~~~~~

(a/n: Sorry for the small chapter. Also I'm sorry if things are a little repetitive, this is my first serious piece of writing. Please feel free to drop a comment with some advice. Thank you all for the support.)