Joel's fate

Ellie lay on her bed as she looked at nothing in the distance. The sun was setting and she hadn't really done anything throughout the whole day or even the past few days because of Joel's death. But her silence was ruined when a loud knock was made on the front door. she sighed not wanting to see anyone but the knock came again and there was no choice but to get up and answer the door. "Hey." Tommy said and she greeted him back. "Could I sit down please?" He motioned to the couch. "Yeah." I let him in and closed the door behind him.

Tommy: Maria wants to make sure you're eating.

Ellie: She can't stop us.

Tommy: To have the guys that we would need... to do this smart... we'd be leaving Jackson vulnerable.

Ellie: So they just get to get away with this?

Tommy: Nobody wants that.

Ellie: Yeah, but that's what's happening,

Tommy: What if we get hit by hunters again?

Ellie: Is this you talking or is this her?

Tommy: It's a valid point.

Ellie: If it were you or me, Joel would be halfway to Seattle already.

Tommy: No, he wouldn't.

Ellie: He absolutely fucking would be--

Tommy: We don't know for certain that they're from Seattle.

Ellie: "Washington Liberation Front". That's what you said was on those patches.

Tommy: What if they stole those jackets?

Ellie: That's...

Tommy: What if the WLF moved?

Ellie: What are you doing? You know what? I'm leaving tomorrow. And if you want to come with me, great.

Tommy: You have no idea what you're walking into. You don't know how large that group is, how armed--

Ellie: I don't care. You can't talk me out of this.

Tommy: Give me a day to talk to Maria. Okay? Gotta be some folk she can spare.

Ellie: And if she won't budge?

Tommy: Well, I'll figure something out. One day. Please.

she thought about it for a bit and agreed. Tommy gave her a hug and walked to the door and he left.

The next day

Ellie walks to Jackson's graveyard alone. she kneels down in front of Joel's grave mourning  over his death. she starts to remember her memories with Joel and is  filled with sadness and despair.  she gets up from kneeling and starts to walk towards Joel's house.

When she got to the front door, she froze up in fear of getting inside the house

When she got to the front door, she froze up in fear of getting inside the house. regardless she pushed passed her fear and opened to door and went through Joel's house looking at pictures and feeling furniture. she got to his bedroom and felt his clothes, when she got to Joel's coat, she smelt his sent on the coat. reminiscing once again, all of a sudden she hears a woman's  voice  call out to her from down stairs.

Ellie goes down to the first floor and she sees Maria. Maria is holding a letter in her hands. She then starts to read it.

"Maria. I'm headed to Seattle. I wish I could let it go, but I can't. I have to bring these people to justice. Ellie's going to try to come after me but stop her. Take her guns. Lock up the horses. Maybe lock her up. Buy me some time so I can end this. Love you always. Tommy

Maria: He's gonna get himself killed.

Ellie: He should've taken me with him. You should've given us a group to go after those fuckers!

Maria: I wish I could.

Ellie: You gonna try to lock me up?

Maria: I prefer that you stay--

Ellie: That's not gonna fucking happen.

Maria: I prefer you stay, but I know you better.  So you just gonna sneak outta here?

Ellie: Yeah.

Maria: I told the stable to let you out with your horse. Grab some ammo too. Just, do me a favor and bring my dumbass husband home in one piece, please.

Ellie: Of course.

Maria: All right then. Get going, you're... you're losing light.

Maria leaves the house and ellie heads towards the armoury and stables. once she got all her weapons and supplies, she then gets to the stables to get her horse shimmer. however Dina is already there to talk to ellie.

Dina: I'm coming with you

Ellie: no your not, I have to do this alone. and what if you get hurt

Dina: you might get hurt as well

Ellie: look, Jackson is gonna need you since Joel is gone and tommy has already left. so you need to stay here so that Jackson isn't valuable to raiders

Dina: then what about you

Ellie: I need it find these people, and I cant let tommy go all alone so I'm going after him

Ellie then climbs onto the saddle of the horse. the gates open and ellie rides off towards Seattle.