To the Hospital

The scene opens to them back at the theatre. Ellie opens the doors and they all walk inside.

Ellie:  How'd you guys get past Maria?

Jesse: We had to sneak out. 

Ellie: what are you guys doing here?

Jesse: Our friends' problems are our problems.

Dina: So who is this? (she points at Y/n)

Y/n: I'm Y/n.

Ellie: we met on my first day in Seattle and he's been helping me find the group that killed Joel..

Ellie: So, when'd you guys leave Jackson?

Jesse: Day after you, but there was bad snow when we crossed into Oregon. I've trying to catch up but 1 person on a horse is faster that 2 people on a horse.

Ellie: where is your horse?

Jesse: she was taken by some soldier when we weren't around. what about yours?

Ellie: a trip mine killed mine. (she looks at Y/n) what about you.

Y/n: I don't really like horses. 

Ellie: Then how'd you get here.

Y/n: I have a motorcycle hidden somewhere, but before I got that I would normally walk as my way of traveling.

The room goes silent as Jesse and dina unpack their stuff. ellie and Y/n walk into separate rooms to unpack.

—2 YEARS EARILIER

Ellie is hunting infected with Tommy.

Tommy: (muffled voice) (Tommy taps her shoulder)

Ellie: Huh?

Tommy: Are you with me?

Ellie: Yeah. Yeah, I'm good.

Tommy: Okay. Anyway, this silent treatment... Man! I mean, I'd forget my own birthday if she didn't remind me when it was.

Ellie: You should just apologize to her.

Tommy: I just said-- Okay... What's going on?

Ellie: Nothing. Why?

Tommy: I can tell when you're off.

Ellie: Got some stuff on my mind.

Tommy: You let me know if you want to talk about it.

Ellie: Okay

tommy look off at the distance

Tommy: Got stragglers.

Ellie: How many?

Tommy: Just a handful.

Tommy: You wanna give it a whirl?

Ellie: Are you sure?

Tommy: I'm feeling generous. See that sign there? Red one? Try hitting that. Good way to draw 'em out of wherever they're hiding. 

Ellie: I see...

Tommy: Gotta aim higher. Leave the bullet room to drop.

Ellie kills the infected.

Tommy: There you go!

Tommy: Well, we are on patrol, Let's clear 'em out.

Ellie and tommy go to a new spot to shoot some more infected with Tommy's rifle.

Ellie: Gotcha. I like this thing...

Tommy: That's all of them. Usually more over this way if you wanna keep shootin'.

Ellie: Okay. Where are they coming from?

Tommy: Hordes like to move through this area in winter. They always end up leaving behind a few stragglers.

Ellie: They do the same routes every year?

Tommy: Like a migration or something.

Ellie: What's that about?

Tommy: Well... When the barometric pressure reaches a certain... temperature. shit, I don't fuckin' know. Check out the shed. Looks like they're moving downhill...

Ellie: Why?

Tommy: Mmm... Dead animal. Look up by the truck there. They're munching on that deer there. Guess they're hungry.