v. "car ride"

Cecilia's P.O.V.:

When the bell rang, it didn't take long before my brother rose from his seat, already agonized. With a face distorted with fatigue, he looked at me. "Ah, has this extremely long and boring lesson come to an end?" he asked, rising sleepily from his chair.

"Yup, you slept through it all though. It was actually quite fun and not boring. If i'm aloud to correct you. Next week we're going to to some experiments, sleeping through it wouldn't be so practical," I exclaimed with a grin and he agreed annoyed.

"The subject is just boring," he explained himself and I snorted softly. Yeah, he thought everything at school was boring except gym class, though. Awesome attitude. I rose from my chair as well and quickly packed up my things. "Well, then. Let's go my lovely not annoying brother. Anastasia and Sebastian are probably already waiting and we should leave on time, not to get stuck in traffic."

Mutely he nodded at me and we left the chemistry hall together. The hallways were crowded, of course, because no one wanted to hang out in their classroom with their teacher during recess.

"You don't need anything else, do you? You went to the bathroom and had breakfast?", I echoed and he sighed theatrically.

"Yes, mum. It's all good, I've been potty training and eating the baby food Basti made with me. Diapers are already changed too, so we can go", he replied, grinning wryly.

"Idiot" I muttered and lightly smacked him on the head. Luckily, he wasn't that much taller than me, so I was able to get at his head just fine without looking like a little kid trying to steal the candy from the top shelf.

"What about you? How was our dream of family this morning anyway?" he abruptly asked me the question while we were walking and I almost jerked to a stop.

"Dad was still sleeping off his high. The others came down no sooner was dinner on the table. I fixed the table for them and went upstairs, so the day wasn't very eventful," I answered, avoiding my brother's scanning gaze.

"So dad was drinking again? Did he do something to you?" he asked as unobtrusively as possible and I shook my head in response. "No, he didn't do anything yesterday. It was pretty late and the others were asleep or out. I don't know exactly, I wasn't paying attention. I was late because I was still helping Simon in the library. Dad was drinking, he smelled like alcohol, he was bawling a bit and I was trying to help him, like always actually. Only-", I told as I was interrupted by Anastasia, who suddenly jumped on my back from behind. Startled, I froze for a few seconds into a pillar of salt. Fortunately, no one saw that fear was reflected in my eyes. At least, that's what I assumed.

"I'm sorry, but come on. You can talk later, we have to go!" she talked excitedly and right after that a horn sounded from outside. I hadn't even noticed that we were already outside the front doors.

"You're right", I briefly shook the slight shock off me and then ran after Anastasia, who had already started running again. Felix followed us as well and we quickly ran to the car where Sebastian was waiting for us. The trip wouldn't take more than an hour and a half if we made it through okay. But since it was certainly not only us who wanted to go to Comic Con today to meet our idols, we reckoned with about twenty to thirty minutes of traffic jam.

Felix sat down next to Sebastian in the passenger seat while Anastasia and I took a seat in the back.

"By the way, I packed us lunch boxes this morning so we don't lose all our savings at gas stations", she announced happily, holding up white paper bags. We all thanked her and after Sebastian made sure we were buckled in, he sped off.

On the drive, Anastasia and I played card games until they fell down into our footwells when Sebastian slammed on the brakes, then we started counting red cars and playfully slapped the others on the shoulder when we spotted one.

"Oh guys, look! There's the London Eye!" squealed Anastasia excitedly, pointing out the window at the big Ferris wheel. "Do you think we can ride that today? That would be so cool. Come on people!"

Frowning, I looked at the big wheel. "I don't really know. We really need to ride back today so we can be home in the evening. Our parents won't be happy if they're desperately looking for us then", Felix gave a thought. We both knew that our father would not look for us. He would just freak out if no one helped him get to bed tonight without throwing himself off the banister because he was drunk.

"We could just text our parents tonight that we're here. Then they can't do anything either and we'll still spend the night here. We'll explore London and meet nice people. Oh my God, maybe we can visit the Royal Family!", Anastasia kept dreaming.

"Anastasia, get over yourself. Tomorrow is school, we're going to get stuck in a traffic tonight anyway and be late at home, if we still hibernate here our parents will hold a strong grudge against us and we won't see the sun again until you dare to drive down the Death Road", Sebastian spoke up and I chuckled softly. In response, I earned a light poke in the side from Anastasia.

"You guys are so mean and too realistic to have fun in this world of stupid rules", she muttered, staring out the window. I didn't miss the looks Felix kept giving me, but I skillfully tried to ignore them. No one said anything for a while, but then the car stopped.

"Guys, welcome to the London Comic Con", Sebastian pointed to huge banners hanging around the street and told us to get out. I couldn't believe it, we had actually made it and arrived in London.

"Nothing will go wrong today", Felix whispered softly in my ear and then pulled me by the arm to follow the other two who were already walking towards the entrance.

"Today, everything will be fine", I replied in agreement.

****

Don't stay on Wattpad too long, you guys need to sleep xD

~ Aurela