xiii. "dinner"

Cecilia's P.O.V.:

After Scarlett had reassured herself that I was feeling better, it was time to plan how we would proceed. Now that Scarlett and Chris wanted to have contact with us. After all, we wouldn't be going home today. We already told Anastasia and Sebastian, they left about half an hour ago. Apparently they had had a lot of fun with Robert Downey Jr. because they couldn't stop beaming. They had taken most of our things with them and would give them to us when we met again. Only the most important things we took with us.

"Do you happen to know where there is a cheap hotel where we can stay?", Felix asked the adults in front of us and they immediately shook their heads.

"No, you're not just sleeping in a hotel anywhere!", said Scarlett and Chris nodded in agreement.
"You're coming with us. We'll take you to our hotel and just book another room, isn't that right Scarlett?", questioningly he turned to Scarlett who answered in the affirmative with an 'absolutely'.

"I'm sure it's expensive, we don't have that kind of money with us", I argued and they both grinned briefly as Colin interjected.
"You're not paying for it either of course, we'll cover that", he explained and the others nodded in unison. I looked uncertainly at Felix, but he too realised that we couldn't get out of it and finally we gave in.

"Then let's go get something to eat. I'm starving!", grumbled Robbie. He got up humbly from the couch on which he had settled and looked at us promptly. "Come on, I'm hungry!", he shouted again and was already striding out the door.
Quickly we all rose and followed him. I was very happy that the tablets were helping. I felt much better already. I also wanted to reimburse them for the tablets, but unfortunately no one told me how much they cost. Probably not a fortune, but still.

A little slower, I trotted after the others. Felix and Chris were talking about some action film.

"How are you feeling?", asked Scarlett, who was also walking a little slower. She probably didn't want to strain herself because of her pregnancy. Her gaze was gentle and there was something familiar in it.

"I'm feeling better, thanks for asking", I replied politely and then asked her how she was doing.

"I'm feeling pretty good too", she rubbed her belly dreamily for a moment and I immediately imagined how she must have done the same with Felix and me. Even though I didn't know if I was mad at Scarlett and Chris, I realised they didn't have it easy either.

Robbie and Rose decided that we would go out for Indian food today and together we picked out a restaurant. The walk wasn't particularly long and luckily the streets of London were not very busy. Quite quickly we arrived and were assigned to a large table.

My eyes flew over the menu before I decided on a vegetable plate with rice and a spicy sauce. Rose was seated on my right and Elizabeth on my left.
They carry on many conversations across the table and I let my gaze glide through the restaurant.
It was quite busy and of course everyone had noticed the large group, but the staff wanted to give us some space and positioned us a little away so that the actors would not be disturbed.

Greedily, those present pounced on their food and smacked their lips with relish. Every now and then Rose told a few jokes, which made the atmosphere more pleasant and lightened the mood.
It used to be like that at home, but after Mum died, everything changed.
Of course, 'Mum' wasn't quite the correct term, but she would always remain my mother somewhere, I knew that for sure.

The food was really delicious and of course Scarlett and Chris didn't make us pay, so we gave up nagging at some point.

We were just walking through the streets of London. We had set off for the hotel five minutes ago.
Somehow I was a little nervous. I hated sleeping in strange places, but I didn't feel much more comfortable at home either. Except in my room, of course, but only because HE couldn't get in there.

At least Felix was with me, but even that only indirectly. Scarlett and Colin's suite was very big, but Felix and I didn't have enough room there, they said. Chris had called the hotel earlier and unfortunately they were completely booked up. So I was to sleep in Scarlett and Colin's suite and Felix would be with Chris.

They said they both had a bed free and we could meet again first thing in the morning.
And there would always be an adult around in case of emergency.

Fortunately, after what felt like a hundred years, we arrived at the hotel. Unfortunately, the temperature outside dropped quite a bit and it became unpleasantly cold. Tired, we stomped to the lift and went up. Unfortunately, it was far too stuffy for my taste in the lift and despite the cosy warmth, I was glad to be back in the corridor of the hotel.

"Sleep well", I whispered to Felix as we hugged and he returned it. He threw me a tired smile as he followed Chris, who had also quickly wished us all a good night.

I plodded after Scarlett and Colin. By now Rose had fallen asleep and Colin carried her the rest of the way to the room.
Scarlett deftly unlocked the door to the room with her smart card and let us in.

While Colin got Rose ready for bed and then put her to sleep, Scarlett looked through her clothes for some clothes I could wear to sleep.

"I can sleep like this, it's not that uncomfortable", I explained, but she shook her head in disagreement.
"No, I'm sure I have more comfortable clothes here", she continued rummaging around. The problem in the story was that she mainly had maternity trousers or dresses and they were not suitable for sleeping.