The punishment of the grave

After you die and you hear the last footsteps of your family members walking away. Comes the punishment of the grave. First the punishment comes from above, then your prayer stands up and raises his hand and says: 'you will not pass through me' So the prayer protects your head.

Then the punishment will come to you through the right side. The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) says about this that your fasting says: 'You will not pass through me.' So your fasting will protect the right side.

Then the punishment will come to your left. Your zakaat will stand up and say, 'You will not pass through me!' Then the punishment comes to your feet. Your sadaqah and syllah (your kindness to your family and your community, your charity, your honesty). All these things will protect your feet and say, "You won't go through me."

And then come the 3 questions from munkar and nakeer.
'Man rabbuk' (who is your god?)
'maa deenuk' (what is your religion?)
'man nabiyyuk' (who is your prophet?)

The punishment of the grave is because of the anger that Allah subhana wata'ala has towards his servant. Whoever angers Allah swt in this world without asking forgiveness and dies like that will be punished (with Allah swts will) in al-Barzakh.

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, "My Mercy overpowers My Anger."
(Sahih al-Bukhari 3194)

And this is why we should always ask for forgiveness! '

(Astagfirullah al-'Azeem Al-Lazi La ilaha illa Huwal hayyul qayyum wa atubu ilayh)'

I seek forgiveness from Allah the almighty, besides whom there is no god, the living, the sustainer and i repent to him.