Prologue

The Way of Things

A Love Story

Jewel Adams

Copyright © 2022, 2023 Jewel Adams

All Rights Reserved.

This is a work of fiction. The characters, names and incidents are products of the author's imagination and are not to be construed as real. The views expressed belong solely to the author. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

To the Reader:

Our God is an awesome God! There is NOTHING He cannot do!

Personally, I share a few of the main character's experiences–her childhood trials–so I feel like I know her.

Hadassah's story demonstrates the power of God in the lives of the faithful. It shows that no matter who you are, no matter your background, no matter your religious beliefs, if you have a heart for Jesus, and truly desire to know Him, He can meet you where you are. My prayer each and every day is that my Lord Yeshua (I like to call Him by His Hebrew name) will meet me where I am and that I can truly, truly come to KNOW Him, just as He knows me, and that I will be found worthy.

This is my prayer for all of us.

I hope you enjoy Hadassah's story!

~~~~~

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Come unto me and rest;
lay down, thou weary one, lay down
thy head upon my breast."
I came to Jesus as I was,
so weary, worn, and sad;
I found in him a resting place,
and he has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
the living water; thirsty one,
stoop down and drink, and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank
of that life-giving stream;
my thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
and now I live in him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"I am this dark world's light;
look unto me, thy morn shall rise,
and all thy day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found
in him my Star, my Sun;
and in that light of life I'll walk
till traveling days are done.

~Horatius Bonar

~~~~~

Prologue

Walking along the shore of Coco Beach barefoot is a decadence I never thought I would experience again. I've been away from this particular ocean for so long, I had forgotten the beloved view. Breathing in the sweet tang of the sea, I sink my toes down into the warm sand and ponder what brought me back to the place I had once spent so much time. It was on this shore that I used to dream of a better life–a life without abuse, a life of love and family.

The abuse and neglect (which I no longer allow to linger in my thoughts) ended decades ago. As for the latter, God had a plan for my life. My Lord Yeshua revealed that plan to me during one of my walks on this very beach at the grand old age of seventeen. I know, I know, in the eyes of many, seventeen is but a baby, however, experience was a brutal teacher that caused me to grow up pretty quickly.

And some lessons you never, ever forget.