3

The Runaway

_________

Summary:

Mama inko!!!Dead dad. Investigation!!
_________

Izuku sat on the playground, beat up. Note to self, don't try being heroic. But, All might would never give up.

Maybe that's just because he won before he got to that point. There was never a single time where All might was even close to being defeated.

But he was beat in his first battle. Well, more like a one sided beat down.

Midoriya sighed before getting up. At least the bruises were in places his mom wouldn't find them.

________

"Mommy." Izuku said. Inko turned to her sun and stopped walking. "Yes?" She asked worriedly. Izuku looked up with teary eyes. "Why do they not like me? They said I couldn't..." He stopped.

"I couldn't be their friends because I was quirkless." He technically didn't lie. He didn't want to get into the habit, but he also knew how much his mother loved him and worried for him.

Inko stopped. "Izuku.."

"Mommy, what do I do?" His eyes were watering and tear drops fell to the ground. "Mommy.."

Inko bit her lip and held back tears. She truly didn't know what to do. "Maybe, if you be nice to them, they'll stop.

But even if they don't, forgive them. Give them another chance."

"But still, come to me about it if you need." She bent down, and caressed her son's sad face. "Izuku. You know, your father is coming home. " she said.

Izuku slightly brightened. "Really?.."

"Of course.

We decided it'd be best if he we're back here. So.

Whenever it's too much you can always come to me. I'll sing for you, I'll dance for you,

I'll do anything for you."

She hugged him. Tears slipped down her face. "I'm scared.

What if I can't do anything?

What if I can't..." He admitted. Inko inhaled sharply. "Don't be.

I'll always be there to protect you.

Even if you don't see me or hear me."

She chuckled. "I'll always be there for you, Izuku." She silently cried, and felt drips of water on her back. Water dotted the floor and fell harder as the clouds covered the sky.

"But I'm quirkless! No one wants to talk to me, they all made fun of me!

Even-" He sniffled.

"Who?"

Izuku cried hardly. "Ka-kacc.." He burst out into tears. "EVEN KACCHAN DOESN'T LIKE ME ANYMORE!"

He gripped her shirt and wailed. "Why mommy? Why doesn't he like me?" Inko didn't answer. "He's my best friend. But he didn't wanna talk to me! He said I was a Deku!" He poured tears like a waterfall. The drops hit the ground and all traces of the once bright day was gone.

He cried into her shoulder for what felt like hours, but not long and unbearable ones.

Finally, he fell asleep.

"Let's go home."

She smiled as tears fell fast. Inko rose with Izuku in her arms, and she hummed a melody as she walked the rest of the way home.