One Wrong Turn

I'M BACK BITCHESSSSSSSSS HEYYYYYY WOW IT HAS BEEN SO LONG I'M SORRY BUT I'M GETTING BACK INTO FREQUENT UPDATES LETS GOOOOOOOO

Ben's POV:
One wrong turn. Just one.

That's all it takes for your life to change forever.

My one wrong turn was one while I was out driving. I realized I was being tailed, and tried to turn irregularly to lose them, but staying at the same speed so as not to raise their suspicions. I was the only one in the car, and I didn't have comms because I was just going for a drive to pick up lunch.

"Hey Siri, call Erica." I said as I took another turn.

"Hey Siri, I need you to call Erica right now."

Nothing.

I picked up my phone and saw that it wasn't working at all. It wasn't dead, it was literally plugged into my car and charging as I drove.

I quickly realized the enemy had jammed the signals and fried my phone.

"Oh great." I huffed. "Just great."

One of the drivers seemed to realize I knew they were after me, and slammed on the gas, speeding after me. His buddies followed. His other buddies? The ones in the cars and not behind the wheel? They popped out of any available window or sunroof and started firing at me.

Rude.

Because of this, my leisurely drive soon turned into a high stakes car chase with gunfire. Lots of it. I was weaving in and out of cars at top speed, trying to get far enough away to lose them. But then it happened.

I made one rushed wrong turn down a dead end street, and there was nowhere else to go. As I sped in, the sign registered in my head.

'No outlet'

Ugh. Not cool. Not cool at all.

I tried to back up, but two cars blocked the way, and a third behind them.

I had a bulletproof vest on and various weapons stashed around my car because something I'd quickly learned as a spy, (yes from Erica), was to never go anywhere without either one. You never know who is going to be shooting at you, and from my spy experience, it seems to happen quite a lot. And anything can be a weapon if you're smart enough, but things intended to be weapons tended to give you better odds.

I reached around and speedily grabbed 2 glocks and my lucky Swiss army knife, as well as a nanobot tracking fluid serum that sent waves on a secret frequency that was typically heavily monitored by the CIA.

It was practiced and perfect, and for good reason. See, something I made sure to do while training was to make plans. Make plans for anything I possibly can so that I'm as prepared as possible, and then improvise whenever there aren't any plans. It gave me comfort, and I made sure to make specific plans for my team members as well.

But back to the story, I got my water and braced myself as I swallowed my Swiss army knife. No way was I planning on going down, but if I did, that knife would come in handy later on, and I never go anywhere without it. Did it hurt? Oh yeah. But I'd had to swallow it on several prior unfortunate occasions, so at least it wasn't as bad as it used to be. By my calculations, it would be beneficial in the long run, and my odds of survival and escape were a lot higher with Sven, (yes I named it), than without.

I jabbed the needle under my fingernail smoothly and injected the serum. The minuscule transmitters would make their way all through my bloodstream and would last for around 6 months.