Preview of College AU

Okay, so sorry for the wait but I have so much hw and it's really hard to update 4 times a week. 

Ben and Mike's Dorm
UCLA
9:00 PM
Saturday
August 30th

Ben's POV:
I was a freshman in college and 20 years old when this story started. I know what you're thinking, how? Me and Mike served in the Coast Guard for 2 years before college because we wanted to make a difference. Hi, I'm Ben Ripley, and this is about the years I spent at college. I made a ton of new friends, but made sure to keep the old. I even got an amazing girlfriend in time. We went to parties and had a blast. By we, I mean my best friend Mike Brezinski. Mike and I decided to go to UCLA together when we were little kids. We had been best friends since we were like 3 and did everything together. 

We loved football, basketball, and California so we decided to go here. It seems stupid that we'd go just for those reasons, but that was just then. We both got huge scholarships because we're really good athletes and we're pretty smart. I'm majoring in creative writing and he's majoring in psychology. I want to be a writer if not an athlete and Mike wants to be a psychiatrist. We don't know if we'll end up in professional sports like we hope, so we made sure we had a back up plan. But enough about that, this is about my college experience. 

It was the first day of college and I was excited. At 9:00 am Mike and I got up and ready. We had pretty much the same schedule since we had the same job in mind and were on the same team. We grabbed our bags and walked to our first class. Computer programming. I was pretty good at it already but Mike had a little more trouble. 

As kids Mike was the more popular one of us, and I was the nerdier one, until high school. In high school I worked out more and got as strong as Mike. I got contacts and my hair got lighter into a tan/dirty blond. And soon, Mike and I basically ruled the school, but we stayed kind and were really nice guys. It was kinda cool, but I didn't even care about the popularity. I just wanted to have fun with my best friend. We always hung out with our teammates and we had a great time. We went to parties and made out with girls. High school was easy for both of us, college? No problem, right? Actually, it was a little harder than we'd anticipated but we worked together and had even more fun.

We sat down in the 3rd row and a few minutes later, a girl with bright green eyes and reddish brown hair walked in and sat down next to Mike.

"Hi! I'm Zoe. You guys excited?"

"Definitely. I'm Mike, and this is my buddy Ben." He said.

"Nice to meet you Zoe." I said with a smile. 

"Nice to meet you too."

"We're gonna eat together, you wanna join us?" Mike asked hopefully.

"Sure." She smiled. "What's your major?"

"Psychology." Mike said.

"Um... creative writing."

"Wow, that's pretty cool. Both of them. I'm a computer science major. I love coding and stuff on computers."

"Sweet, so you can help us if we suck?" He asked.

"Absolutely. Though I doubt you guys will suck at this."

"Thanks, but don't say I didn't warn you." He said with a smirk.

The class started and we got to work. We played around with it for a while to get used to it. About 15 minutes in, a girl walked in. She had dark, raven hair and icy blue eyes. Everyone looked up when she walked in but she didn't seem to care. She walked straight past the professor and to our row. She sat down right next to me since it was the last seat left and I realized how beautiful she was now that I could see her better.

"Hi. I'm Ben."

She turned and looked me over.

"I'm... Erica." 

"What year are you?"

"Freshman. You?"

"Same. I could have sworn you were at least a sophomore."

"Why?"

"I dunno. You just seem bolder. And the professor made no effort to ask why you were late. So he definitely knows you."

"Yeah. But you also seem... different and familiar. Like I've seen you before."

"Well, I was born and raised in DC my whole life and I was Coast Guard for 2 years?"

"Really? Me too. I must have seen you around or something."

"Maybe." I said with a smile. "What's your major?"

"Creative writing."

"No way! Me too."

"Wow."

"Hey, my best friend MIke and I are planning to have a party to celebrate the start of the year. You wanna meet us at lunch so I can give you the details?" I asked hopefully.

"Um... sure. Why not. Gotta live a little."

"Sweet." I said calmly. My insides were dancing and screaming though.

We spent the rest of class talking as we did our work and had a great time. I really liked her and she seemed real and funny, beautiful and amazing, and smart and-. You get the point. I really liked her and was excited that she's actually agreed to eat with us. I couldn't wait until we all met up for lunch. I also remembered i had to tell Mike we were throwing a party, since I may or may not have... made that up so I could ask her to come and eat lunch with us. 

Eh, Mike can invite Zoe and loves parties. He'll be fine with it.

Or would he?

Okay that's it, hope you liked it. It won't come out until after Trapped in Tech is finished though so little bit of a wait. Sorry it's so late but I couldn't figure out how to end it.