9~ akaza

narrator pov

once y/n got back from her chat with upper moon 3, she wasted no time in healing all the injured. she first did rengoku, saving him from certain death, then tanjiro, and so on. when the kakushi arrived y/n was passed out from overuse of her healing, she looked more injured than rengoku did by the end.

they were all taken to the butterfly estate. an unconscious y/n laid on a hospital bed with the flame pillar by her side, he held her hand carefully while staring deeply at her perfect face.
"my beautiful y/n, words alone cannot express my gratitude for you saving my life. i hope to one day return the favour." rengoku lifted his hand to graze her cheek softly, a concentrated look on his face. "one day ill let you meet my brother senjuro, he needs a mother figure now more than ever.." he spoke to himself.

fantasies emerged in his mind. the thought of them living happily together, y/n no longer a demon slayer and now bearing his children, his father out of sight and his brother safe and sound. it would just be so perfect, rengoku couldn't help but verge on prayer.

.
.
.

however, he couldn't shake a funny feeling that something else went on last night. y/n was gone in that forest with the upper moon for a quarter of an hour. when she returned she had no injuries, not even a single sign that she had just previously been in battle.
this made kyojuro quizzical. 'did she let the upper moon go free on purpose? or was she too weak to fight him?'

the hashira decided to keep these concerns to himself for the time being. i mean she did just save his life after all, she doesn't deserve this interrogation.. yet.

time skip

once y/n was up and healthy again, she left the estate and planned on returning home. ubuyashiki offered her to live at his estate or even have an estate made for her (since she's technically a pillar) but she declined. her home was nothing extravagant but it was home- she grew up there.

before leaving shinobu had given her a goodybag full of emergency food and wisteria for the trip home. it was definitely a trek back to the cottage and it pained shinobu to think about y/n getting sick or encountering any demons. she was also not happy about y/n still not having a uniform. her body is no way protected by a thin kimono- neither does she want any nasties looking at y/n in ways shinobu would, and not hesitate to, decapitate them with.

.
.

y/n hummed happily to herself the whole way home- a song that her sister would sing to her (insert song you like).

a soft smile grazed her face. her e/c eyes glinted in the low light of the sun. a gentle, warm wind breezed against her direction, allowing delicate wisps of hair to blow backwards out of her face. in other words she looked nothing but ethereal.
..and a certain demon was eyeing this up.

as y/n got closer and closer to her destination , she could sense a powerful source emitting from where she was going.
wearily, she illuminated her hands and kept walking, her senses heightened and ready for battle. y/n's house slowly came into view.

"finally woman! i thought you were never gonna come."

y/n only then just remembered she told that demon the whereabouts of her house. dumbfounded, eyes widened, she pulled an emergency nichirin blade out of her kimono and crept towards the cottage.