12- the inevitable

Narrator POV

The eldest Rengoku stood in the doorway of the house, a bottle of sake in his grip, completed with his signature scowl.  "You... get ze hell out of my house.." Shinjuro spoke, his speech slurred from his over-consumption of alcohol.
The girl was aware that this man is the head of the estate and most likely the former flame pillar. She normally wouldnt excuse this rude behaviour but for the sake of respect she did anyways. "Its nice to meet you Rengoku-sama, my name is y/n and I-"

"I dont give a fuck who you are." The former flame pillar strode over to where the lady and the boy stood, before grabbing the girls forearm to yank her out the house.
y/n was speechless at this encounter, baffled at the personality contrast between the father and his sons.

"f-father! please stop she hasn't done anything wrong!" the young one wailed, frightened of what his father would do to her. he knew not to put anything past shinjuro. since the passing of his wife ruka, he has become so merciless. "shut up brat!" he seethed.

shinjuro's grip only tightened around the girls arm, the pressure so immense it would be sure to leave a good bruise. y/n winced in pain as they neared the exit of the estate. the light from the doors grew closer and y/n could only prepare for the impact of being thrown to the ground.

.

"let go of her father." kyojuro.

with his voice firm, he stood unwaveringly with a bold scowl planted on his face.

now kyojuro rengoku always placed respect above all else. he would never express disdain to anyone, even his father, despite the man's relentless hatred of him. except this time.
kyojuro was furious that anyone, especially his own father, would hurt his love.

"i'll tell you one more time. father, let go of y/n."

"and then what, you swine?" the elder rengoku spat, smiling smugly at his son due to his mild intoxication.

"well then you leave me no choice.." with that kyojuro grabbed onto his fathers upper arm, hardened his grip, and broke it. (lmao tanjiro style)
"you bastard!" shinjuro could only hurl empty insults at his son before charging out the estate, he was too drunk to do much else.

"my love! are you okay?" kyojuro questioned worringly, eyeing her with an intense look of concern. he was terrified that she may look down upon him and his family for how she was treated. "kyojuro im fine! jeez.." y/n snarled at him. she was relieved that she was 'saved' but there was still the overhanging annoyance and disturbance of why she was even there in the first place.
"dear, are you alright?" kyojuro questioned in a soft and loving tone, reaching out a hand to pet her head.

she swatted his hand away menacingly. "am i alright?? seriously kyojuro? god!" she was seething. the man had leapt back in surprise, he didn't expect her to be so angry about the whole ordeal. "y/n i took you away for your protection.. thats all." he stated with a stone cold tone.

his unwavering determination almost brought a sense of comfort to the girl. knowing that someone was so eager to protect her in such a cruel world was consoling to say the least. however, she instantly snapped out of it when she remembered about her plans for this evening.

she was going to kill upper moon 2...

and she will stop at NOTHING until she achieves that .

y/n did the most clever thing and swallowed down her anger. sure she was furious, and still being denied was fueling the fire, but the sooner she gets him off her back the better- and that starts with trust.

"i understand kyojuro.. thank you" y/n plastered a fake smile on her face. kyojuro seemed to return that smile. "no thank YOU, im glad you understand now dear.." kyojuros smile became slightly more deranged as it prolonged. he was glad she was accepting her fate. he was glad he had her in his hold.

"yes i understand..." she lied

time skip

the sky darkened as nightfall approached in a dim sombre. the twilight at which demons crawl has dawned, and y/n was getting ready to face just that.

the rengoku brothers had accommodated y/n very well in fact. she was fed with delicious japanese delicacies before being put to bed in her own guest room. it was so nice that y/n had almost forgot of her unlawful abduction.

y/n, now 'asleep' in her room, was clambering out the window. taking nothing but a baggie of shrimp tempura and her safety sword, she was on her way to defeat douma. her long trek to the village akaza had told her about had begun.

did she feel bad? a little. escaping from the house of the flame hashira against their will wasnt really on her to-do list when she joined the corps. but hey, he had it coming.
.

.

.

y/n was fuming in an indisputable rage.
every breath she took, she thought about the death of her family. every step she took, she thought about her sister. every move she made, she thought about the unimaginable number of lives lost to this demon.

she felt the power accumulate within her much like a volcano with lava- that was waiting patiently to explode. her battle spirit reached an all time peak. even mere animals could sense her blood lust, quickly scurrying away from the girl.

"douma... prepare for your defeat.."

.

.

.

back at the rengoku estate, the eldest of the two brothers had awoken to an underlying feeling of dread. amongst the despair was an eerie silence, only to be disturbed by the creeks of an open window.

he got up to investigate.
confirming his fear, the noise from the window was from nowhere but the guest room y/n was in. he was sure he had closed that window.

"y/n, you in there?" his soft voice called. he knocked on the door gently.

"y/n?" his voice became more like a plea. a beg for her to reply.

kyojuro took a deep breath, and with a shaky hand turned the door handle to enter the room.

the wind threw the open window back and forth creating a loud, disturbing noise.
y/n was gone.
her sheets were strewn all over the floor, not even her sword left behind.

".. this c-cant be.."

A/N
another day another update
IM SORRY FOR BEING SOOOOO LATE but i hope you enjoyed this chapter🫶🙌
i promise that next chapter will be a lot less of a wait than this one was LOL
love u all sm
kthxbai!