ᴀᴄᴛ 1 - ​ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

"ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ."

Something terrible happened, something that people want to forget but cannot, as it's already bowed into their memories. It was a taboo word for some and one of the most tragic events to ever occur.

You were there to witness the horrendous act, which was gruesome for your young age to be stained by and traumatized by. You feel numb as you see your parents fall down, unmoving, staring at you with those unblinking eyes.

Any child would cry, wilt, and even get away from the place wanting to find some help, but you were different. They told you many times how mature and smart you are for your age. Maybe they were right, as you already knew what the situation was and chose to go by your parents side, despite their last word about how you must hide until it is safe to come out.

Caressing their still-soft hair and gently closing their eyelids

Soon, fresh tears will be rolling down your cheeks. Even if you knew, you still hoped you were wrong and called for their name, but even with many mutterings, they remained unmoving, showed no sign of breathing, and only displayed stiffness.

"Dear friend across the river—"

What was that? Your head looks up, trying to find that voice.

"My hands are cold and bare---"

A familiar voice and note that you and your sisters always sing whenever one is lonely

"I'll take what you can spare--"

The sound of the music was cut off with a loud explosion, which made you cover your ears. It didn't end there, and a loud bang can be heard. You know you're not safe there, and you need to go.

So, before you left, you gave your parents one last good-bye. You really did plan to get away and go to safety, hoping to find your sisters on the way out.

But hearing a load of guns just behind you was enough for you to stop and slowly peek at them. The gun was just a foot away from you. There's no escaping from it, and as he pulled the trigger, all you could do was slowly close your eyes.

"I ask you without envy—we raise no mighty towers—our homes are built of stone—so come across the river—and find..." Powder carefully looked up, confused as to why Violet had stopped walking.

They were on their way to find their parents and big sister, or they hoped to find someone familiar. Vi told her to sing the song while covering her eyes with her other hand.

"...Why did we stop?" Powder asked and only got a reply with a gasp and exhale. Powder soon followed her gaze when she heard a gunshot not too far from them. Soon a loud cry emerged from it, and then it was silent.

While, powder was still registering, Violet began to walk, and this time it was a little bit faster. That loud wailing she heard was enough for her to know who owned it and hope it wasn't what she thought it was. Not noticing that Powder was now pleading for her to slow down.

She had only stopped when she saw a figure punching someone, even when that person was on the ground. They didn't stop until that person was unmoving. So when it finally stopped, Vi couldn't help but gasp and move Powder away. Shielding her away from this unknown person.

She was ready to shield both of them as this person kept advancing toward them, but when she finally saw who it was, a sigh of relief could be heard. She didn't wait and ask him, or rather, signal him.

'Where are they?'

Vander doesn't want to show it to them, but it is better to let them know before they even get hurt. With a long sigh and eyes averting to his side. Vi's eyes followed, and she soon saw who she didn't dream to see.

Their parents lay on the ground, unmoving, with blood flowing down their bodies. Vi quickly looked up when she noticed familiar earrings but without the body. She pointed this out to Vander.

She prayed, pleaded, and hoped that their sister was alive and that Vander had saved her. Once he pointed out his finger, his eyes locked on that person, who was just unconscious on the side with cloth wrapping around her right ears.

Vi's emotion went out and a sea of tears poured down, She immediately went to your side, tagging Powder next to her, and once she saw you open your eyes, it was enough for her to hug you tightly.

Vander seeing it, he decided to stop and turn his back on this silly war. It was time for him to rest, as he didn't want to lose any more lives. Even if he didn't save them all, at least he saved one.

While he carries two children in each hand and you steadily follow beside them. Powder, who was sleeping peacefully, thought it was over, but for you and Violet, it wasn't, and you have only one in mind as you turn to look at those soldiers.

Vengence.