ᴀᴄᴛ 1 - ᴠᴀɴᴅᴇʀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

"ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ?"

When Claggor told Vander the informant he wouldn't lie, he was impressed by the plan, as it was good and things would go smoothly. But the thing is, even if the group takes a tiny thread from the scarf, it will always lead to something big. After arriving at his old friend's shop, Benzo, he immediately went to business.

"I assume you've heard."

Benzo snickered, already knowing what his old friend was pointing out: "Yeah, me and half the under-city."

"How could they be so stupid?" Vander sighed as he sat down, not knowing how to clean this mess as he still couldn't think of any way to clean it.

"The younger folk think it's the right thing to do; I'm more surprised that Y/N took them in when she always goes alone."

"Yeah, and Vi's is starting to be one of them. Do you know Y/N has had a relationship before?" Vander dryly chuckled as Benzo had the same reaction.

"Eh, sooner or later, things like that would happen. They're growing up, Vander. Looking to write their own stories. You can't protect them forever."

Vander sighs as Benzo makes a point: "Someone was following them, and I fear that Y/N might be put in danger."

"A whole lot of someones, from what I heard. She did things that no human could do. Do you know about this?" Benzo asks, asking the magic thing.

Vander shook his head, as he too didn't know about it; he wasn't pointing out the enforcers as well. "Not enforcers. Someone on our side."

"Who?"

"There's worse thing than enforcers out there." Benzo didn't need to guess anymore as his eyes landed on Vander's forearm. "We both know that." Vander just hoped wherever Y/N was, she wasn't near 'his' trap.

It wasn't long when the door opened, and Vander already expected to see these people approaching him, and as the wind gusted by, so did this male enforcer who was now on his side.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Benzo ask

"Some trencher trash attacked one of the buildings in the academy district, but you already knew that." He answered with a hiss in his voice.

"We're looking for the culprits." Grayson, the sheriff, said. Giving them the summary.

"Got a description?" Vander already knew who it was, but he simply played along, and as he drank the alcohol, the male enforcer gave him the answer. He wanted to add some curse words, only for Grayson to cut him off.

"How about you go for a little walk, Marcus? Cool off a bit. Go." Marcus didn't want to go, but he still needed to follow the sheriff's orders. He could only grit his teeth as he exited the shop.

Ekko, who was watching the whole thing, immediately went to the back to hear and see what was happening inside, and as he tapped the machine to work, he soon learned all the things that should be the only thing the three adults knew about.

"You know this crossed a line upstairs."

"Was anyone hurt?" Vander ask

"A building was blown to bits, and a girl exploded a cord bola into bits. What do you think?"

Vander sighs, "Those who did this will be dealt with." He tried to make up an excuse, pointing out how he would handle it as a leader of the under-city. Protecting his family, and he would also do this to everyone.

"That workshop belonged to the Kirammans." After she said those words, Vander already knew how much trouble this was. "You know what kind of stuff they had in there? Makes this place look like a candy shop."

Benzo was offended by what she said but chose to stay silent.

"The council needs someone to make an example of. People need to feel safe."

"Yeah, topside people." Vander points out how only the topside people would feel that way, not seeing that the downstairs also needs to feel safe.

"We had a deal, Vander. You keep your people off my streets, and I stay out of your business." Grayson sighs, already knowing how hard it must be for Vander at this moment.

"I'm sorry to say this, but we already have the girl's description; just give her to us and we'll keep things quiet. No one will know you were involved."

"I can't do that. I can't give her or anyone else."

"You don't seem to grasp how serious this is; if I don't put her behind bars tonight, think of what will happen. The next time I come down here, I'll have an army of enforcers with me. We both know how that'll go."

"I'm sorry, Grayson, but I can't offer up my own family and people."

Grayson could only exhale; she then placed down a capsule. "If you change your mind, this will reach me. And only me," As she's about to leave, she turns to say one last thing. "That girl. She better not be wondering off... I can't do anything when they find her."

Vander sighs as he grasps the capsule. He better get up and find her before an enforcer does.

Ekko, who was listening to the whole thing, doesn't know how to handle this information. He better tell this to Vi.