The Meeting

"You...want me to take on another disciple?" Tripitaka asked. He already had THE Monkey King escorting him on his journey, along with the rest of the group. Why would he need another?

"This one has quite some redeeming to do too. Do not be fooled by his calm attitude. Let your guard down around him and you will surely find yourself in a predicament." Lady Guanyin warned the monk.

She turned around and headed towards a black furred monkey. He was just standing there like nothing truly bothered him. He wore a black baggy shirt with some brown baggy pants with a bag on his back.

She spoke to him gently, making sure none could hear except for the ebony monkey. The monkey looked at the group and frowned when she finished speaking.

He crossed his arms but nodded at her nonetheless, agreeing that he will go with them on their journey to the west.

He appeared before Tripitaka and looked down at him with almost a full glare. It looked as if he was peering into the depths of his soul. Looking at what makes him, well...him.

'A test.' He realized. The monkey was testing him. It didn't calm his nerves as much as he wanted it to though.

"I am, Tripitaka. It is nice to meet you. What is your name?" He extended his hand out to the simian. Tripitaka hoped this was an appropriate answer for the other.

The last time Tripitaka met a celestial monkey was with the 'Great Sage, Heaven's Equal'. He will never forget that the first thing the monkey did was split the mountain that contained him in half.

The monkey eyed Tripitaka's hand for a minute before looking back up at the monk's face. Then he grinned.

"Nice to meet you, Tripitaka. I'm called the Six-Eared Macaque, or Macaque for short." The monkey said, shaking the monks hand.

Tripitaka breathed a sigh of relief in his head. 'At least the hard part is over.' He was about to go back to the group before Guanyin stopped him.

"I believe you are forgetting something." She told him calmly.

Tripitaka was confused by this and checked to see if he was missing anything but found nothing unusual.

"She means the headband." Macaque spoke up, arms crossed on his chest again.

"Oh! I completely forgot! I apologize, Lady Guanyin! It will not happen again!" He bowed to her before walking up to the monkey.

Macaque huffed in annoyance but got on his knee with relevance. He knew there was no point in fighting it.