Poison pt.2

A magic circle appeared under Macaque and Wukong. Macaque continued his relentless flailing in Wukong's arms. "It's okay, Mango. There's nothing to be afraid of, ugh. Master is just trying to help you, okay?"

Wukong gritted his teeth to swallow the pained noise trying to make its way out of his mouth as Macaque sank his teeth into his arm. Wukong tried to concentrate on holding Macaque still so Tripitaka could heal whatever was wrong with Macaque.

It was clear to Wukong that Macaque's instincts had taken over. He hoped that meant the shadow monkey would be more docile. But his hopes were quickly shattered of course, but it still hurt to see his moon in such a frantic state.

Wukong watched as Tripitaka finished his spell and looked towards Macaque to see if anything had changed. Wukong felt Macaque stop flailing in his arms and immediately began to worry.

Wukong loosened his grip just a bit because he thought he might have been squeezing Macaque too tight. But a little bit was all Macaque needed to escape from Wukong's grasp.

Well, almost escape.

Right when Macaque was about to elbow Wukong in the stomach, the spell Tripitaka made stopped Macaque from moving any further. Macaque growled as he looked down at the magic circle below him in annoyance.

Macaque's eyes then left the circle and made its way to the source of his current set back. The monk in front of him who had a weirdly determined face looking right back at him.

Wukong took the chance to step back from Macaque and fully release his grip on the other. Wukong stepped back cautiously in case Macaque somehow managed to break free.

Which Wukong doubted Macaque could do such a thing in his current state but just because the chances are low doesn't mean the chances are zero.

Wukong could only watch as Macaque struggled against the invisible restraints. But he knew it was for Macaque's best interest to get rid of whatever was causing him distress. He'll just have to deal with the consequences later.

Wukong made his way behind Tripitaka as the other pilgrims had also done.

"Okay, Macaque. I'm going to extract the poison from your system now, okay?" Tripitaka spoke slowly as if he were talking to a scared child or animal.

"Okay, I'm going to start now. It may hurt a bit but it'll be over before you know it." Tripitaka told Macaque as he created another circle in front of Macaque.

Two smaller circles broke apart from the bigger one and made its way over to the arrow wounds on Macaque's leg. Macaque tried fighting his restraints more when he saw the magic circles making his way closer to his weak spots.