Lady Bitch Demon pt. 2

Note: Please excuse any spelling errors.

´~°°~'

"Oh, Wukong. You're such an idiot!" Macaque laughed out loud.

"Hey! I will have you know that I am VERY intel- in- intelle- SMART! I am VERY SMART!" Wukong flushed as he saw Macaque only laugh harder.

"So how much fruit did you find then?" Macaque asked, leaning closer to the Monkey King.

Wukong puffed out his chest as a smile grew on his face. He grabbed the bag he had set on the ground and opened it to show Macaque his finds.

Macaque peered inside only to find peaches, peaches, and more peaches. It was only peaches. Macaque stared at the bag full of peaches for a few more seconds before he looked back up at Wukong.

"I did good, right?" Wukong tried to hide the anticipation behind his words but his tail swishing and flicking behind him gave him away. Macaque simply hummed which made Wukong even more nervous.

Macaque took a few steps back before calling his shadows. A small pool of inky black appeared next to him. Wukong thought Macaque was going to leave because he was dissatisfied with what he got, but then a whole bunch of fruit appeared from the darkness.

Wukong gaped at the variety of fruits that were before him. Perhaps if he had actually looked for different kinds of food he would have found more than just the stone fruit in his bag. Then again, he really just loved peaches.

There were pears, apricots, walnuts, chestnuts, and plums. Each fruit was put into their own neat little pile. Macaque was standing in front of the line of food with crossed arms and a smirk on his face.

Macaque walked towards Wukong with his arms still crossed. He stopped when he was a little bit to the side of the still gaping golden monkey and then he leaned in real close. "I win." He whispered into Wukong's ear.

Wukong snapped out of his thoughts and turned to look at Macaque but found nothing to the side of him. He heard a chuckle and looked where he was facing before.

Macaque was standing there with a proud smile on his face and hands now on his hips. Wukong hated losing. He's pretty sure he's made that clear to many people. But when he lost to Macaque, for some reason, he didn't feel like he lost at all.

The happy smile Macaque gave him- and only him- made him feel like he was special. Not like the special he would usually feel with being a powerful being and all but the type of special he would hear his generals talk about.