Poison

"You stupid fucking monk!" Macaque yelled as he was slung over a demon's shoulder and was taken deeper into the cave system with the rest of the group, excluding Wukong.

"You just had to refuse to heal one of their comrades, huh? Isn't helping people your fucking thing or some shit!" Macaque shouted as he kicked his legs to try and escape the demon's grasp.

They had poisoned arrows and ambushed them. Macaque hadn't reacted fast enough to warn the group. Though it seemed they had already known of his abilities as he was the first to be hit with the arrow.

Macaque wasn't sure how the rest of the group got caught when they were somewhat good fighters, not that he cared. But seeing as Sun Wukong was not with them Macaque assumed the dumbass was being distracted or fighting at the moment.

Macaque attempted to fight off the demons even with the poison restricting his powers but was hit with a second arrow that made his movements heavy and sluggish.

The demons placed them in their own separate cell with weird metal bars that oozed with magic. The tunnel was mostly dirt and hardened clay, dimly lit with lanterns of sorts.

Tripitaka was put in a cell across from Macaque with Bai Long Ma one cell over to his right and Zhu Bajie one over to his left. Sha Wujing was two cells over Macaque's left.

Two of them were knocked out by the demons. Bai Long Ma because he could be used as transportation. Sha Wujing because he was known for his ruthlessness and strength.

Zhu Bajie had simply knocked himself out. He had pulled out his weapon and swung it on the demon's armour. The force was reflected back to him and he hit himself with his own weapon square on his face.

All their weapons and items were confiscated by their captures. Even items that weren't dangerous or could pose a threat were taken.

"W- Well I didn't think this would happen if I didn't!" Tripitaka said in an attempt to defend himself.

"So? You couldn't just heal them like you do with every single fucking person who come out of nowhere with a sob story?" Macaque asked with a hard glare.

Tripitaka didn't respond or meet Macaque's frigid gaze.

"What? Got nothing to say? Don't tell me you didn't heal them because they were demons." Macaque said as a half joke and gave the monk a lopsided smile.

Tripitaka had his head down and back turned away from Macaque as he rubbed his arms. Tripitaka would admit that it wasn't the best reason to refuse to heal the demons but if he had they might have gone back to doing bad deeds.

Tripitaka knew there might be some good in everyone and that, probably, not all demons do bad deeds. He was just conflicted, he didn't want to do a good deed by helping the demon but then be the reason the demon continued terrorizing other people.