☇ 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙨

EVERYONE WAS SILENT, PEETA NODDING ALONG WITH IT. There was no doubt a camera on her now, Katniss stunned. Is this why he wanted to be trained separately? So he can use her to gain his own sympathy? Why would her brother agree to this? "That's bad luck." Caesar spoke, Peeta nodding to himself. "Yeah, it is." He agreed, Caesar reaching a hand over. "And I wish you the best of luck." He nodded, Peeta nodding too. "Thank you." The two stood, Caesar returning his cheery tone. "Peeta Mellark!" He called, Peeta forcing a smile as people cheered for him. He looked to Cedar, the man nodding as he got up to leave. Shaking people's hands, Cedar dropped his smile as he hurried backstage. "What the Hell was that!" Katniss caught Peeta as he was walking, Effie yelping as she shoved the boy against the wall. Peeta said nothing, Katniss scoffing.

"You don't talk to me and now you have a crush on me! Is that how you wanna play!-" "Oi!" Cedar grabbed his sister, pulling her away as Peeta sighed deeply. "Why did you even agree! And not tell me-" "Peeta did you a favour." Haymitch spoke up, Katniss glaring at him. "He made me look weak." She spat, Cedar letting go of her as he stood ahead of her. "He made you look desirable. You need all the favours you can get if you want to see next month." Cedar's tone grew sharp, Katniss staying silent. It's as if she was being yelled at. "He's right, Katniss." Cinna agreed, Haymitch huffing. "We can sell the star-crossed lovers from District Twelve-" "We're not star-crossed lovers." Katniss interrupted, Cedar sighing deeply. "Katniss, no one cares." She looked to her brother, her face falling lightly. "It's reality television. Not real life." Cedar informed, Haymitch holding his fellow mentor's shoulder. "And being in love with that boy might just get you sponsors, which could save your damn life?" Haymitch sighed, turning to Peeta.

"Okay, why don't you get out of here?" He spoke, Peeta sharing a glance with Cedar before doing as told.

"Maybe we can deliver you both in one piece tomorrow."

END OF PART ONE: PAST