☇ 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙨

"WELCOME, WELCOME. AS WE CELEBRATE THE 75TH ANNIVERSARY AND 3RD QUARTER QUELL OF THE HUNGER GAMES." EFFIE TRAILED OFF, KATNISS UNABLE TO TAKE HER EYES OFF OF HER FAMILY. Primrose held Buttercup tightly, sniffling every so often as she watched her brother step out of the way off Effie. "As always, ladies first." There was a certain hesitation to her voice, the woman clearing her throat to upkeep her tone. She couldn't stop herself from glancing at Katniss, the girl simply staring at her shoes. Everyone was silent, a respectful silence at that. Walking back to her microphone, she leaned forward. "The female Tribute from District Twelve, Katniss Everdeen." No one made any noise, Katniss letting a tear fall as she walked next to Effie.

"Wonderful." She swallowed deeply. "And now for the men." She spoke, waddling away to the bowl beside Haymitch, Peeta and Cedar. Katniss held a glance with Cedar, the man nodding briefly. Picking a paper and going back to her previous spot, Effie put on her best smile. "The male Tribute from Distrtict Twelve, Haymitch Abernathy." Katniss quickly  glanced at Effie as the woman struggled  to say the name herself, Peeta facing them. "I volunteer as Tribute." He called out immediately, Haymitch holding his shoulder. "I can't let you do that-" "You can't stop me." Peeta interrupted, feeling Cedar grip his wrist. "Let go." He demanded, watching Cedar squeeze his lips shut before obliging.

Katniss just ignored his eyes, sighing shakily towards her feet as Peeta joined her. "Very well. And now for the announcement of the voted Victor." Effie spoke, Cedar inhaling deeply. Everyone had to have been at the edge of their seats, awaiting until District Twelve's Reaping to announce who had been voted. Picking the single name from the bowl behind her, Effie smiled through tears, reading the name and stepping forward. "The voted Victor who will be participating in the 75th annual Hunger Games and the 3rd Quarter Quell,

Cedar Everdeen."

Primrose gasped, Cedar only shutting his eyes. "I volunteer-" "You can't." Cedar interrupted Haymitch, the man's jaw clenching. Katniss let more tears fall freely, not bothering about who saw. Cedar glanced to his left, seeing Peeta looking to him. The man didn't bother to wait for Effie to usher him over, moving himself. Sighing quickly, Effie Trinkett shoved another smile on her lips. "Very well. Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, Cedar Everdeen, District Twelve's Tributes!" Effie spoke up, Katniss watching her mother hold up her three fingers. Primrose and Gale soon did the same, as did all of the crowd. Peeta held up his hand, Katniss watching Cedar join. Holding up her own hand, the doors to the Justice building opened, and the Commander walked out along with other Peackeepers.

Cedar watched the man grab his sister, moving to intervene. "Don't." He threatened, Primrose moving forward. "Katniss!" She spoke, the girl glancing back before another Peacekeeper grabbed her arm, pulling her and Peeta into the building. "Ced! Katniss!" Primrose was shielded by Peacekeepers, Cedar being pulled into the building by the Commander himself. "We need to say goodbye." Katniss looked back, the Commander humming. "New plan, straight to the train." Katniss' eyes widened, looking back to her sister. "Goodbye!" She called, their mother crying as her two children were dragged away to slaughter.

Cedar only nodded, the doors to the building being shut before he could speak.

"ALL RIGHT." EFFIE CLEARED HER THROAT AS SHE ENTERED THE SILENT CABIN, TWO TRIBUTES LOOKING AT HER. "Before we begin, I've had a thought-" "Shouldn't we wait until Cedar comes?" Peeta spoke up, Katniss gulping as Effie paused. Haymitch's head tilted at the woman, watching her shake her head hesitantly. "He said he was tired." She spoke, Katniss nodding to the table as Peeta decided the window was interesting. "Sure he is." Haymitch remarked, sipping his drink as Effie clapped her hands together. "Okay, Katniss has her gold Mockingjay pin, I have my hair." She begun, Katniss glancing up at the woman. "I'm going to get you two," She pointed to the other two men. "plus Cedar, something gold." The group were silent, Haymitch squinting. "Uh, why is that?" He asked as he glanced at the back of Peeta's head.