The Reminiscent Gala: [5](Rose)

The movie is great so far! 

Jupiter Jim is very interesting and I can see why the turtle brothers really like it. Although there are parts of the movie I don't get because he's in space and it wouldn't actually work in space. But I will keep that thought to myself because they like it so much.

We are about a third of the way in when Donnie comes back with a small pouch and some sugar glider food. They are like little bugs in cocoon like things and you pop the top off and they wriggle as the sugar glider eats the green goop inside.

He sits back down next to me and shows me inside the pouch. I peek and see Cici hidden in the bottom of the sac. All snuggled up and cozy.

"Awe." I whisper.

"I did a bit of research on sugar gliders for what they eat and what they like to sleep in so I bought this pouch. She loves it." He says and puts the pouch in his lap.

"I'm really glad you decided to keep her." I say happily, turning back to the movie.

"Really?" He asks.

"Yea. Now you have something to take care of. When I was little my foster parents gave me a pet rock. I loved taking care of it. It gave me a sense of responsibility and almost a meaning for life." I say stroking Cinder's fur. 

The red ball of fluff moves to be in a more comfortable position and seems to sigh. Content.

Donnie seems to think about what I said for a moment. But changes his mind.

"What do you think of the movie so far?" He asks.

"It's good. In some areas it's confusing but I can see why you all like this movie." I say.

"Oh. It's not just one movie." He says smiling.

"Oh no. It's a whole franchise isn't it." I say looking at him desperately for help.

He laughs. "Yup. We all just dragged you into a worm hole. Like in the second episode of season three." 

Oh no. 

"God. I really don't want to be dragged into this." I laugh. "But I just might have to. Seeing how happy it makes you guys that I'm watching it."

Donnie smiles. 

April shushes us.

"Can you guys watch? This is the best part." She turns back to the movie screen.

I check my watch. It's 11:34 PM.

I'm so tired.

I lean back against the couch behind me and shut my eyes.

"How much longer is this movie?" I ask Donnie quietly.

"Another hour or two." He says.

"Oof. I might not make it." I say checking my watch again.

11:35 PM

"If you fall asleep the others won't really care. You will just have to pick up where you left off and watch it on your own." Donnie reassures me.

"Good." I say my eyelids getting heavy. "What scene is this?" 

"The most boring scene. It's where he's trying to steer the ship correctly to orbit the sun perfectly which has never been done before." He says opening the pouch as Cici climbs out.

I'm so tired.

"I didn't sleep at all today and we were up all night last night so if I had known about this I would've prepared." I say closing my eyes.

"Yea. By the way I have something to tell everyone tomorrow so try to wake up around 6 PM if you can." Donnie asks, now feeding Cici.

"Mhm." I say, falling asleep.