Developments, Discoveries, and lots of Meetings

Amelia Bones was angry, beyond angry. She hated injustice with a passion. When Augusta Longbottom, Regulus Black and Narcissa Malfoy of all people entered her office the day before with information regarding the Lestrange couple and Sirius Black, she'd been ready to rebuke them softly, but then they told her that the three they were defending hadn't even gotten trials and that there was even concrete evidence to show they were innocent, that's when her anger started. After further investigating their claims, as the good head of DMLE that she was, she found that they were completely correct, and that's how her passive anger had turned into a burning fire in her heart. She should've known something was off; she'd been friends with both Rodu and Bella at school and Sirius had been the Hit Wizard who'd broken protocol and went into a fire to rescue her niece back when her brother's house had been burned down in the blur that was the first war.

Regulus smirked as he watched Amelia glare her way through the ministry and towards the minister's office, following behind the woman at a more sedate pace. He was accompanied by his cousin and Madame Longbottom, who were gossiping quietly behind him, and they had Alex and Sorrel on standby in the case they needed more...direct assistance to convince the Minster.

The four made quite the sight as they entered the minister's section of the floor. His assistant was sitting at her desk reading a magazine that she quickly hid when she noticed the group heading her way.

"Um Madame Bones, you don't have a-an appointment with the m-minister." The girl stuttered through her words, obviously intimidated by the angry Head of DMLE.

"I don't care." The woman gritted out before she hurriedly entered the man's office with Augusta and Narcissa following behind her. Regulus smiled apologetically at the young woman before he followed the three women inside.

"Amelia!" The minister shouted as the woman banged the door open and let herself in. "What is the meaning of this?"

The man seemed to have been in a meeting with some of the Lords of the Wizengamot. Regulus recognized Gavin Greengrass, Sebastian Nott and Lucius and felt himself smirk. This should be very good.

"The meaning of this, dear minister, is that I just found out that five people have been sent to Azkaban without a trial and have been there for ten years!"

"I beg your pardon?" Lord Greengrass asked in shock, doing a double take at her words.

"You heard me right Lord Greengrass." Amelia looked almost close to foaming at the mouth. "Lord Black, Lord, Lady, and Master Lestrange and Heir Crouch were all sent to prison without a trial."

If someone had been focusing on Lucius Malfoy at that moment, they would've seen him give his wife a kiss on the cheek and whisper to her "good job darling." Narcissa smirked at the praise but stayed silent as she watched the show. They had known Lucius had a meeting with the two lords and the minister that day, which was why they chose that day specifically to make their move, so that they'd both have witnesses to the news and advocates who would hasten the proceedings.

"That is unacceptable!" Lord Nott shouted. "Two of our fellow lords sent to Azkaban in such a heinous way. It is completely offensive to those of us in the Wizengamot. I demand they get trials immediately."

"I completely agree Lord Nott, which is why I brought the matter to Madame Bones as soon as I found out the awful treatment my brother and the Lord of my house was given by those of the ministry." Regulus took the figuratively offered knife and twisted it deeper.

"As you should Regent Black. I also agree with Lord Nott on this Cornelius. You must fix the mistakes of your predecessors as soon as possible." Lord Gavin Greengrass was known widely for his aptitude for politics and manipulation and it was an honour for Regulus to see it first hand, and pertaining to his family no less. Throughout the whole conversation, they'd observed as Cornelius started turning a rather horrible shade of puce, from anger or fear Regulus couldn't tell, but the chance to blame this on someone else gained his attention and he nodded hurriedly.