The Champions (Who will it be?)

As Slytherin House got ready to leave, they noticed Durmstrang's Headmaster heading their way, towards his students. They continued on their way, but heard the conversation happening behind them quite easily.

"Back to the ship, then," The man said. "Viktor, how are you feeling? Did you eat enough? Should I send for some mulled wine from the kitchens?"

Krum simply shook his head in reply as he pulled his furs back on.

"Professor, I vood like some vine," said one of the other Durmstrang boys hopefully.

"I wasn't offering it to you, Poliakoff," snapped Karkaroff, his warmly paternal air vanishing in an instant. "I notice you have dribbled food all down the front of your robes again, disgusting boy —"

Karkaroff turned and led his students toward the doors, reaching them at exactly the same moment as Kane. The Emrys heir stopped to let him walk through first as Hadrian and Leo reached his side.

"Thank you," said Karkaroff carelessly, glancing at him. And then Karkaroff froze.

He turned his head back towards the trio and stared at them as though he couldn't believe his eyes. Behind their headmaster, the students from Durmstrang came to a halt too. Karkaroff's eyes moved slowly up Hadrian's face and scar before looking at the two beside him. The Durmstrang students were staring curiously at them too. They'd already been introduced, but apparently hadn't realised Hadrian's importance until their headmaster's reaction to the trio.

"Your highness. If you'll excuse us."

"Go ahead Headmaster Karkaroff." Hadrian said with a simple nod. "Oh, and Lady Slytherin sends her regards."

The man's face paled dramatically at his words before hurrying to leave, his students following behind him in confused silence.

The three snickered at the man's reaction before leaving the Great Hall, Slytherin's students following behind them and gossiping quietly.

***

The next morning, a lot of students woke up early to see who would put their names in the Goblet of Fire in hopes of becoming their school's champion, and even though it was a Saturday, the hall was more packed than usual at the early hour.

The power trio (as their friends affectionately called them) were sitting side by side and observed everything with a bowl of popcorn exchanged between them after they'd had their breakfast. Draco entered the Great Hall with Libra to that specific sight, and the cousins laughed at them.

"So," Draco started, amusement shining in his silver eyes, "Who's entered their names so far?"

"All of the Durmstrang students came to do it early this morning, and some of the Seventh years." Kane replied for the three, taking a handful of popcorn into his mouth right after.

"How long have you three been awake?" Libra asked in exasperation.

"Long enough." The three replied in unison, getting head shakes in return. Throughout the years they'd known each other, they'd truly grown to be like brothers, and they considered each other thus. Their connection was probably even closer than the Founders quartet, which had been thought to be impossible as the girls were closer than sisters.

As the cousins sat to have breakfast, a loud bang attracted their attention, and they turned to see Fred, George, and Lee Jordan hurrying down the staircase, all three of them looking extremely excited.

They stood in front of the Goblet before all three put their names in, sharing grins at the possibilities ahead of them. They headed towards the Slytherin table to talk to the trio eating popcorn of all things.