Beauxbatons and Durmstrang (A Theatrical Entrance)

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT

The delegations from Beauxbatons and

Durmstrang will be arriving at 6 o'clock on Friday the 30th of October.

Lessons will end half an hour early.

Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories

And assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the Welcoming Feast.

This notice was found in the school's entrance hall a week before Halloween, and all the students were gathered around it, including the fifth years.

"Only a week away!" Ernie Macmillan of Hufflepuff said, emerging from the crowd, his eyes gleaming. "I wonder if Cedric knows. Think I'll go and tell him...."

"Cedric?" Ron asked blankly as Ernie hurried off.

"Diggory," Kane said with an eye roll. "He must be entering the tournament."

"What's with the eye roll Kane?" Leanne Diggory, Cedric's younger sister and Kane's girlfriend asked, eyebrow raised in judgement at his expression.

"Nothing darling..." Kane said with an innocent smile, pulling the blonde into a side hug and kissing her cheek in lieu of an apology. Leanne simply shook her head at his actions before focusing back on the notice to read it fully.

"We need to do something to welcome them." Hermione was saying to her three best friends, the other girls nodding in agreement.

"We could ask Professor Monvoisin and Professor Klein to help with the welcoming ceremony, you know have them give a small speech in their native tongues." Libra suggested while she was leaning against Ron, who was in his own argument with Draco about who would apply to the tournament. The two were definitely in their honeymoon phase, and while their friends knew that, they were starting to get annoyed of all the lovey-dovey expressions they kept giving each other.

"That's an idea." Ginny exclaimed, smiling slightly at Libra.

"We could also have a committee of sorts to decorate the Great Hall and have the House Elves prepare some of their countries' dishes." Elena said brightly, getting nods from the other three in agreement. (She did not notice Hadrian giving her an unusual look, neither did the other girls. The boys, however, did...)The three started discussing who they'd get to help, aside from the two professors as everyone else was discussing the tournament itself.

"Rumour has it Viktor Krum will be part of the Durmstrang delegation." Ron was telling his other friends, arms still around his new girlfriend.

"The Quidditch player?" Hadrian asked with a tilt of his head.

"Yeah!" Draco exclaimed, "Imagine if he gets to compete. It will make the tournament much more exciting, especially with some of his obsessed fans being here at Hogwarts."

"True enough..." Leo said, thoughts racing to the anxious feeling they'd all been feeling lately. "But what if the Tournament is when something will happen. Let's be honest here, we've all been anxious about this year as a whole, so what if... I just hope everything goes well..."

But they all knew it probably won't be, they just hoped the danger wasn't too much.

---

Life for that week went as normally as ever, with their classes getting harder and harder as the year progressed, and their teachers putting more pressure on them than ever for their upcoming OWLs.

By the time it was the day of the delegation to arrive, Hermione and Ginny had gathered a group of students who would help welcome the foreign students and prepare the Great Hall for them. Elena had talked to their French and German professors and had asked for a list of dishes to prepare for the delegates while Libra talked to them about helping welcome them when they arrived.