𝟚 °Prelude

•The whistling of birds only added to the calming atmosphere Alnirŕ felt the minute he crossed the river, it hanged loosely around Rivendell like a noose. It was peaceful, yet there layed a disturbance. Either it was the Dwarves, or Alnirŕ himself.

Maybe it was the fact that he had murdered a squirrel earlier right inside the borders of Rivendell...... but what the Elves didn't know wouldn't kill them.

Even though he had taken a slightly longer path, it didn't take too long to get down to Imladris, yet he wouldn't dare get too close to the heap of dead orcs, maybe there where still Elves on the prowl, he didn't want to be interrogated by anyone except Elrond. Dealing with an abundance of questions and curiosity wasn't his strong suit, dealing with other people (especially Elves) in general wasn't his strong suit.

Of course, if he was able to convince one of the other Elves to take him to Elrond, after being questioned, Elrond would still have his own enquiries. (Regardless of the fact that Gandalf had asked him to come.)

He'd rather do it once than twice, so like the creep he was, he snuck through Rivendell. It wouldn't be too difficult of course, Rivendell was very hidden, the Elves didn't have to worry too much about protection considering the fact that the place was already quite hard to find.

His eyes didn't adjust quickly enough, by the time he came to the clearing, he was temporarily blinded. Imladris was as beautiful as ever, it's gorgeous white buildings stood tall, the peaks catching the sun and the trees that sat snug against the buildings were just as beautiful, the entire picture was the incarnation of elegance and it screamed Elves.

A bird singing brought him out of his stupor, he glanced back, the forest behind him brought immense comfort, the foilage, and the company of flora and fuana where just as breathtaking as the house of Elrond. He rest his hand on a particularly sturdy tree, it's bark was rough, yet smooth as he graced his fingertips against the thick, splotchie patches of moss.

A deep breath, another, everything smelt alive, refreshing.

Alnirŕ felt himself drift forward as he started towards the spirals of white.

●•◇•●

Heavy laughter rang loudly through the hall, accompanied by grumbles and indistinct chattering. The sounds where definitely not made by any Elf, atleast not any Elf from Rivendell, Mirkwood however had a few exceptions.

Their topics consisted mostly of random things, small teases and jabs and maybe a few inside jokes that he didn't understand.

He didn't try and focus to much on their voices as he snuck through the shadows. He hadn't been spotted yet, which didn't mean he wouldn't be spotted in the near future.

It wasn't to hard to pass through the few Elves that where actually outside, he just needed to stay in the shadows, without being spotted, once. He couldn't even risk their eyes glancing in his direction. 'Damned Elves and their stupidly amazing vision.'

He shifted through the halls like a phantom, steps feather light, clinging to the shadows like a life line. His steady rhythm halted for a second as he heard steps behind him. Alnirŕ could feel his breath catch in his throat. Whoever it was decided to pass the hall he was in, granting him a small breath of relief.

He could hear another sound up ahead, and when he strained his ears he came to a delighted realization.

It was Gandlafs voice, and Elronds. His loyalty wouldn't allow him to eavesdrop, so without hesitance he quickly snuck closer.

It wasn't hard to spot them conversing in a room slightly away from the company, their heads close together, most likely talking about private matters.