𝟛 °The Suns Secrets

•Alnirŕ had slinked away the minute Elrond had halted his inquiries. Thorins eyes held such deep, scalding mistrust that he'd decided it was best for both parties if he left, if only momentarily.

Gandalf had told him that it would be necessary for him to join the company later on when Thorin showed Elrond the map. Until then, the vampire would entertain himself with certain a rendezvous.

His steps where almost completely silent as he walked leisurely down Rivendells halls, everything seemed perfect, not one thing looked to be out of place. It was rather eerie, seeing as it was such a stark contrast to Beorns company, that it left him feeling a little disoriented.

Beorns place had been filled with random nick-nacks and small trinkets that had littered various countertops, none of them having a definite place anywhere. That, and the solid cabin theme that the Skin Changer had going, left the place feeling homie. A warm fire was almost always lit and the smell of food was constant.

He was most definitely home sick, Alnirŕ had come to think of the other man as something akin to family and his cabin as some sort of home. He never stayed in one place long, but he had also never stayed in a place for as long as he had stayed at Beorns.

His connection to the small residence was strong, he wouldn't stay away for long.

Alnirŕ's legs had carried him all the way outside, his busy mind had left him completely ignorant of his surroundings, it took him a solid minute to figure out where he was.

He sighed, it sounded heavy even to his own ears and he could hear the trees heave one of their own as a harsh gust of wind tugged at their branches. It was peaceful, horribly so. Peace had a nasty habbit of lulling you into a sense of tranquility, to make you feel at ease, just to bolt away in the blink of an eye.

He had lived long enough to learn to never trust peace, and had decided to never reconcile with the idea of it. He did not believe in such tranquility, everything was only a small calm to yet another big storm, and he had seen quite a few storms.

The moment of quite didn't take to long to pass, he had slowly made his way deeper into Rivendells woods, his breath bated. He could hear her approaching him, her steps graceful and cautious.

He turned his head, awaiting her approach. A few long, silky strands of black hair flew into his vision, impatiently, he swatted it away and out of his eyes, and tucked it behind his ear. He really needed to get his hair under control. 'Perhaps I should braid it?'

Arwens pale skin practically glowed under the beams of light that filtered through the leafy canopy. Her hair, in all its midnight colored glory drifted back as the wind dipped and flew beneath the trees.

He nodded his head in greeting, feeling a sudden joy spark alive in his chest,

"Arwen." he acknowledged.

This meeting has happened on more than one occasion, as the she-elf drew near, memories flashed at the forefront of his mind. He could remember the day they had met, when he had asked her if they should make this a usual occurrence.

In short, they had clicked, perhaps they knew each other in a different life. The first time he'd said hello, It was as if meeting an old friend.

Her smile was soft, as was all of her features, her eyes, the color of dark, burning coals where round, doe shaped, and the scent that accompanied her was as familiar as his own face. She smelled of life, like new flora springing into existence after the first rain of spring.

"Alnirŕ, how have you been." Her voice was feather light, like velvet.

"As well as I can be in my current predicament."