Chapter 21: Just A Few Broken Hearts

Only after Elijah and I had sex all night did I realize yesterday was my birthday. Not like I gave a crap, but you really don't turn 163 years every day, really. And I think that's why Elijah brought me somewhere despite the fact that he said he didn't care about me, being that his humanity was off.

But I find it odd no ones texted me or anything. Elijah has my phone, but still, he didn't mention anything. But once again, I don't give a fuck. I spent 147 years without a word from anyone, so who cares. But I just thought maybe something would be rekindled with my family and friends, but who cares honestly? I know I don't. I just don't care. I honestly and sincerely am 1000000000000000% grateful to Elijah for making me better. I love feeling like this.

I lay on the floor next to him, and I stare up at him, his sleeping form. The way his chest rose and fell. His long deep breaths, his nose wrinkled up as if he were in some type of deep thought. He had sweat dripping from his temple and he looked like some type of Greek god or something; his defined muscles and devilishly handsome good looks. I don't know how I didn't have sex with him sooner.

Slowly he begins to shift around to both our discomfort. He rubs his still closed eyes and yawn. I see his eyes trying to open, so I close my eyes acting as if I were sleeping. I tried to make my breathing to become as even as I could so he'd buy it, and I think he does.

He turned over and I knew he was looking at me. His eyes were piercing my soul. His hand moves my hair from my face and he kisses my cheek. When he looks at me, and is 100% sure I'm asleep, he begins to speak.

"Oh, my love.... I'm am so very sorry.." There's was clearly a lot of sincerity edged into his voice, his morning voice very low and manly it just made me tingle, I guess.

My eyes burst open. "Elijah! You're back? When? How!?" I exclaimed, yes my humanity was off, but was someone else his trigger? I felt a pang of jealousy go through me and he looked at me sorrowfully.

"You brought me back, my darling. I've never flipped my switch before. I knew I couldn't go on a killing rampage, but then again, Brent put a spell on me, which made me turn It off. And you see my love, he didn't think you were my trigger, but you were."

"But when?"

"After we made love." He nodded.

"I couldn't hold back the love I felt for you. It was just... Amazing... And I'm so sorry I made you turn it off.."

I felt my humanity want to come back to me, but if I turned it on, I knew I'd feel guilty for how I've treated Elijah. Yes it was all his fault, but I treated him terribly. Yes, he erased my memories of Brent but it was a good-

No! Stop! Be ruthless, be you.

An evil smirk plays across my face and I stand up, pulling the blanket around me.

I shake my head. "Take me back."

"Why?" He gasps.

"We could have such a great life here-"

"See! You're that desperate. You needed to kidnap someone, if you think they love you? Well I never did! You're too desperate, too much of a 'nice' guy, but I believe everything you said and called me when you first took me. Tramp, slut, all these things, and you expect me to love you? Grow a pair, will you? Aren't you like, a million? I thought you would learn by now."

And with that I vs into the crappy bathroom, and took a shower. Grabbing some clothes Elijah had bought me, I changed and then left the house. I don't care where Elijah is at this point. Making my way to a man, I asked him exactly where I was.

"Do you know where Virginia is, like direction wise?"

"Just keep north." The old geezer went on to say. I nodded and vsed away, not caring who saw. This would take me a while.