Phase 1

Tahj P.O.V
"When are you going to cut that mop off of your head? That's not very Jameson like," My father said to me making me lowkey roll my eyes.

"The day I-,"

"Say something smart and watch what happens...," he said to me as I slouched in my seat.

Nevermind...

"I like my hair," i told him as he rolled his eyes.

"Well I dont. Cut that shít off. You need to look like a respectable young man. No one is going to respect you with that nappy shit on your head," He said to me as I rolled my eyes. "You just rolled your eyes at me?"

"No," I spoke as he stated at me. "No, sir,"

"That's what I thought," He said back to me as I got up to go back to my room.

I walked past my mom as she walked down the stairs smiling at me.

"Hi sweetie. How are you doing today?" She asked me smiling.

"I'm fine," I replied as she stopped me and gave me a hug.

"I know your father probably said something mean to you. Was it about your hair? I think your dreads are wonderful honey," She said to me as I chuckled.

"Locs mom," I said to her as she covered her mouth.

"Oh, I am so sorry sweetie. Your locs are so wonderful. My handsome boy," She said kissing my cheek before walking away. I walked upstairs and to my room and sat down on my bed sighing. I looked over at my dresser and saw the picture of my mother and I.

Her snow, white, skin and my light brown skin. We were so different. My father was black. You couldn't tell when you were around him though. It had nothing to do with his skin color either. He was darker than me and had two black parents. He just hated that shit.

I'm surprised he didn't try and bleach his fucking skin. That's also why he hates me. He hates that he has a black son.

Well you decided to have me tm so that's on you nigga. You're black so yo kid gone be black. He's mad as fuck I got "black" hair as he calls it. It's like do you not know who you are? Everyday I hear lecture about why I should cut my hair. I'm not doing it though.

Fuck him and fuck that. I'll pass.

My momma loves me though. She tries to teach me about my black side even though she's white as fuck. She's trying though. She even asks our cook to make me certain foods so I don't miss out. I'm loving the smothered pork chops. It's my favorite. Especially with the baked Mac and cheese.

I don't know why my dad hates being black, but he's such a white washed nigga. He did it to himself. Maybe it was to get ahead with his peers, but it's like you still gotta act like that at home? With a black son?!

At least my momma tries. I love her for that.

I heard a knock at my door making me groan.

"Yea?" I answered hearing my door open.

"Tj, you ready?" I heard making me turn around and smile.

"Hey Jules," I spoke making him chuckle as he walked closer to me.

"Hello Tj. Are you re-,"

"Who the fuck are you talking to? His name is not Tj it's Tahj and you address him as Mr. Jameson. Very unprofessional. And you, you call him Monroe. His last name. I don't wanna hear any of those little nicknames. He is not your friend, but your worker. He works for you don't confuse that. Now I have to go to work. Do better," my father spoke walking into my room angrily and looking at Julius.