Phase 16

Julius P.O.V
"What did I teach you? You know what you're doing just go in there and give it your best baby. I know you got this. Even if you don't pass that's ok because you faced a new challenge. I know you got this though. You're gonna pass. I've been teaching you. You're ready," I told Thaj as he sat in the car nervously looking at me.

"What if I crash?" He asked me.

"You're not gonna crash baby. Just relax and do what you know. It'll be just like driving with me. I promise you'll be ok. Go ahead," I told him as he shook his head looking at me.

"It won't be the same as if I were with you. I don't know this guy. What if he's mean to me? What if he kid naps me? What I-,"

"Tahj, respectfully, get outta the car. You'll be ok," I told him chuckling as he got out walking over got the guy who was ready to do his test. The instructor gave him a nice smile and shook his hand before directing him over to the car. He got into the drivers seat and sat there for a minute before pulling off and starting his road test.

Come on baby you got this.

I sat in my car clicking answer on my screen as phone began to ring.

"Yo?"

"Wassup big brother. Whatchu doing?"

"Waiting for Tahj to get done with something. Why wassup?"

"Oh uh...nothing man. Never mind. Tell him I said he-,"

"Luis, what's wrong man? You need money?"

"I-I hate calling you for money. I feel like shit, but they fired me and I got kicked out my apartment and I didn't wanna ask mom or dad for help because I didn't wanna hear them yell at me about not managing my money because I really was this t-time! But I gotta car note and they fired m...,"

"Hey don't cry man. I gotchu. How much you need?"

"I-I don't know. I uh...I wanna leave Illinois...,"

"You wanna move here?"

"Yes, can I stay with you?"

"Luis...I don't even stay at my house and I'm selling it. I've been staying with Tahj because I work here. His father wouldn't let you move in here. Here's what we can do though, I'll fly you out with whatever shit you have and when you get here I'll get you set up in an apartment ok? I'll make sure it's perfectly you and it can be whoever you want. I'll talk to Tahj and see if his mom knows some people in the teaching profession to try to get you set up with a job. Do you have somewhere to sleep tonight?"

"My car,"

"Go to ma's house and just say you wanna spend the night and then tomorrow I'll set you,"

"I'll just drive there. All my shit is in my car,"

"Ok that's fine. You wanna keep talking? Are you ok?"

"Nah it's fine. I'm about to drive to our parents house. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Thank you for helping and I promise you I'll pay you back every dime once I start working,"

"Don't even worry about it man. I gotchu. You're my baby brother you know I'll always have you,"

"I love you man. Thank you for real,"

"I love you too Luis. Call me tomorrow when you first wake up," I spoke as we said our goodbyes before hanging up.

He got fired and was kicked out? That makes me believe he's been fired for longer than he's letting on. He's probably been lying to us about working to save his pride. I got him though and I'm gonna make sure I take care of him tomorrow. He's my little brother it's my job to look out for him.