Chapter 6. First Time

"Did she just laugh?" mommy asked with a surprised tone. She didn't expect me to laugh I guess, I was having so much fun watching mommy that I couldn't help but laugh.

"Who wasn't laughing?" Jacob said as he rolled his eyes. I didn't like the sarcastic tone he had, mommy was just having fun. Daddy snapped a little bit at Jacob for his comment. I wanted to tell him too that I didn't like him picking on mommy. I touched daddy's face to show him that I liked watching mommy having fun.

"What does she want?" mommy asked looking at me touching daddy's face.

"She was having almost as much fun watching you enjoy yourself as I was." daddy said to mommy with a smile.

"Am I funny?" mommy asked as she darted over to me with her hands out. I reached for her and she took me into her arms instantly. She handed me the piece of rock she had in her hand. "You want to try?" she asked me with a smile.

I took the rock from mommy and squeezed it between my hands, I only made a slight dent in it, I was a little disappointed but I held it up to show mommy. I guess she seen the look on my face cause she took the rock from me. "I'll get it." she said smiling. She pinched it to dust, this made me happy I clapped my hands and laughed. I loved seeing mommy so happy.

As I was laughing and clapping the sun beamed through the trees. It hit my family's skin and they all began to shimmer. It was so pretty, like thousands of diamonds. I stroked mommies beautiful, shimmering arm, then placed my arm next to hers. My skin wasn't as shiny as mommy's was which disappointed me; I wasn't as pretty as she was. I touched her face and showed her how I felt.

"You're the prettiest." mommy assured me, which made me smile. Mommy thought I was pretty so that was all that mattered. I just stared at mommy's face while daddy and Jacob made comments about her skin. Daddy loved it, but Jacob thought it was freaky. I don't see what was freaky about it; I think mommy is the most beautiful person I ever saw.

Things seemed to go well for us, mommy and daddy were happy, Charlie was a little uneasy at times when he was around, as was Leah. She was only here cause of her loyalty to Jacob. Jacob was always here cause of his loyalty to being imprinted on me. This made Leah even more nervous. I was so happy with my family, I couldn't ask for a more wonderful family. Everyone was nice, and caring. Life was perfect.

I was already one week old and I was able to say my first word, I said momma. I thought this would make mommy happy but instead she looked frightened. I wasn’t sure why, I asked her about this and she said she was scared by how fast I was growing, I could understand her concern I mean I was only a week old and I could now talk. I even asked her where grandpa was. I had asked Rosalie this with my normal communication method but she didn't know the answer so I asked mommy, but since she was across the room I had to actually say the words. I prefered to show people what I want but sometimes I have to say it.

I few weeks later I was watching my Auntie Alice putting flowers in some vases, when she moved she was so graceful. Like a ballerina, I wanted to do that too, so I stood up. I had my balance immediately, then I just crossed the floor, I wasn't as graceful as Alice but my sudden movement made mommy nervous, I could see the worried look in her eyes as well as in daddy and Jacob's eyes. They were all concerned at how fast I was progressing, I was even a little nervous about it. I was only about a month old and I could talk and walk already.

Auntie Alice and Rosalie always made me into a fashion doll; I never wore the same clothes more than once. They always tried on clothes after clothes until they found the perfect ones for me. I loved the attention they always gave me. I grew so fast that they would take a ton of pictures and put them into a photo album, it looked as if I was years old instead of months. By the time I was three months old I could have passed for a two year old.

One night while mommy was reading to me I touched her face and showed her that I wanted to hold the book. Mommy handed me the book, I looked at it and began to read it. "There is sweet music here, that softer falls than petals from blown roses on the grass, or night-dews on still waters between walls of shadowy granite, in a gleaming pass--."

Mommy reached over and took the book from me. "If you read, how will you fall asleep?" she asked in a very shaky voice. I could tell my reading made her very uneasy, she didn't like when I did things unexpected like that. I once asked her about it and all she said was the more advanced I got the more she worried.

I overheard granddaddy telling mommy and daddy that my body was slowing down but my mind wasn't and that by age fifteen I would be old women. This made them all very nervous and me as well. I didn't want to be old at such a young age. I hoped that granddaddy would find a way to make it stop. They had talked about going away and doing research somewhere far away, I wasn't sure where they were planning to go but they said it was far, far away. But before they could go mommy got a present one day. It was a beautiful necklace; they said it was from Aro. I didn't know who this was so I asked. Then they said he was the head of the vampires and that he wanted to see if mommy was one of them yet. They didn't say much more but I was smart enough to know that if she hadn't been turned then they would kill her for knowing their secret. Which made me worry about Charlie.

Mommy had said she was going alone to see Aro which started an argument between her and daddy; she kept saying it was to protect me. I didn't understand this at first, not until mommy told me about her gift that kept Aro from seeing her thoughts. If he can't see her thoughts then he can't see me, which is why mommy insisted on going alone. Otherwise Aro would see me through daddy or anyone else that was there. Mommy was the only one who could keep me a secret from them.

Well today mommy agreed to take me hunting, although the diet of animal blood wasn't my favorite, it was better than that baby food that granddaddy tries to make me eat. Jacob wanted to come with mommy and me, she didn't want to allow him to but when he was there it was easier cause he would make it a contest and I just loved beating him. We went to a big clearing and I ran ahead of mommy and Jacob, I could slightly hear them talking, something about Jacob and his responsibilities and school. I wasn't paying much attention; I was too amazed by what was falling out of the sky.