Chapter Twelve

Alcove took a deep breath as she entered the daunting room where her boss was waiting for her. She could feel the weight of his gaze on her as she walked towards him, her footsteps echoing in the silence. The man's face was never visible.

"I assume you've seen the news," her boss said, his voice cold and measured.

Alcove nodded, her eyes fixed on the ground. She could feel the anger and disappointment radiating off her boss like a palpable force.

"I trusted you, Alcove," he said, his voice filled with venom. "I gave you a mission, and you failed. Not only did you fail, but you let yourself be caught on camera. You let yourself be associated with Hallow."

Alcove bristled at the accusation. "I didn't have a choice," she said, her voice rising in anger. "Hallow was spotted by the police, and they were tailing us. I had to do something to get us out of there."

Her boss leaned back in his chair, his eyes narrowed. "And yet you still failed," he said, his voice dripping with disdain. "Now Hallow is in custody, and the police are looking for you. And let's not forget that they also suspect Roan is still alive."

Alcove felt a wave of panic wash over her. She had known that her failure would have consequences, but she hadn't anticipated the police suspecting that Roan was still alive. They had to move quickly to protect their agency.

"I know I messed up," she said, her voice shaking slightly. "But I can fix this. I can find a way to get Hallow out of custody and make sure the police don't find Roan before we do."

Her boss regarded her for a moment, his expression inscrutable. Finally, he spoke.

"You have one chance to redeem yourself, Alcove," he said. "One chance to make things right. I need you to find a way to get Hallow out of custody and find a safe place for him to lay low. And you need to do it quickly before the police get any closer to finding Roan."

Alcove nodded, relief flooding through her. She knew that this was a chance to prove herself, a chance to make up for her mistakes.

"I won't let you down," she said, her voice firm.

Her boss regarded her for a moment longer before nodding. "You'd better not,"

Alcove stood in front of her boss's desk, her heart pounding with nervous anticipation. Her boss, a stern and imposing figure, looked up at her with a serious expression.

"We can't risk having you be associated with him or his actions. You need to prove your loyalty to the organization and show that you can still carry out your duties without your brother's help," He stated.

Alcove nodded silently, knowing that her boss was right. She couldn't risk being caught and being linked to Hallow's capture once more. She had to show that she was still a valuable member of the organization, even if it meant carrying out a mission on her own for the first time in a very long time.

"Your next mission is a solo operation," her boss continued. "You will need to eliminate a high-profile target without any assistance from your usual team. It's a test of your skills and your loyalty to the organization."

Alcove swallowed hard, knowing that this would be a challenging task. She had always worked with Hallow and the rest of the team, and she wasn't sure if she was ready to go solo.

"I understand," she said, trying to keep her voice steady. "When is the mission?"

"Tonight," her boss replied, handing her a file with all the details. "Study the information carefully and make sure you're prepared. We're counting on you, Alcove."

Alcove nodded again, taking the file and turning to leave the room. As she walked down the hallway, she couldn't help but feel a sense of dread. She wasn't sure if she was ready for the responsibility. But she knew she had no choice but to succeed. Her life, and the lives of her loved ones, depended on it.

She opened it up and flipped through the pages, her eyes scanning over the details.

The first page had a picture of a middle-aged man with a receding hairline, dressed in a business suit. His name was listed as Gregory Winston, and according to the file, he was a high-ranking executive at a pharmaceutical company.

The next few pages contained details on Winston's daily routines and habits, including his work schedule, the routes he took to and from the office, and even his favorite restaurants and hangout spots.

There were also photographs of his home, complete with detailed diagrams of the layout, security features, and potential entry points.

As Alcove continued reading, she came across a section detailing Winston's connections to a rival pharmaceutical company. Apparently, Winston had access to highly sensitive information that could be worth millions to his competitors.

Alcove frowned as she read through the information. This mission was not just about eliminating a target, it was also about obtaining valuable information. She had never been given a task this complex before, and the stakes were high.

She closed the folder and took a deep breath. Alcove knew she had to be cautious and meticulous in her planning if she wanted to complete the mission successfully.

Alcove activated her blue flame magic, feeling the energy surge through her body. With a deep breath, she focused on her destination and teleported to the rooftop of the building where her target was located.

She peered through the scope of her rifle, taking careful aim at the man in her sights. But just as she was about to pull the trigger, a gust of wind threw off her aim. Alcove's heart raced as she realized that she wasn't alone on the rooftop. She could sense someone's presence nearby.

She looked around frantically, trying to spot the intruder. That's when she saw him - a man in a dark suit, armed with a gun. He was there to stop her from completing her mission.

Alcove quickly teleported to a nearby corner, trying to regroup and think of a plan. She knew that she couldn't take him head-on, so she decided to use her teleportation ability to outmaneuver him.

With a burst of energy, she teleported behind the man and kicked his gun out of his hand. He turned around, surprised, and lunged at her. Alcove quickly dodged his attacks, teleporting from one spot to another, keeping him off balance.

But just as she was about to teleport away, the man managed to grab hold of her arm. Alcove struggled to break free, but he was too strong. She felt a searing pain shoot through her arm as he twisted it, and she knew that she was in trouble.

With all the strength she could muster, Alcove summoned a burst of blue flame, using it to burn the man's hand. He recoiled in pain, and Alcove took the opportunity to teleport away. She collapsed onto the ground, breathing heavily. Grasping her suppressed pistol she shot two holes into the man's chest. 

Swiftly, she stood and placed her aim on Winston. A suppressor is equipped to her gun as she pulls the trigger. Within an instant, a bullet hole dwelled itself through the man's skull. He collapsed instantly.

With a newfound sense of confidence, Alcove got up and tucked her curly brown hair behind her ram-like horns. In a blur, she teleported down to the entrance of the large, white mansion. As she opened the door she noticed stacks of papers residing on the top of a granite table. Her rosy lips curled into a sadistic smile as she teleported back to her boss's office to report on her success, documents in hand. She handed over the file of papers, feeling proud of herself for completing the mission, but also realizing the danger and risk she was now getting into.

Triple Crossedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें