Chapter Fourteen

Hallow was used to being in control. He had always been the one with the upper hand, manipulating situations and people to his advantage. But in prison, he found himself in a completely different world. The rules were set, and he was no longer the one making them.

At first, Hallow had tried to assert himself among the other prisoners, using his intelligence and strength to gain respect. But he quickly learned that his skills as an assassin meant nothing in this new environment. In fact, they made him a target.

It didn't help that Hallow was constantly being watched. Guards made their rounds every hour, and cameras were set up in every corner of the prison. Hallow felt like a lab rat, being observed and analyzed by those in power.

Despite the constant surveillance, Hallow didn't give up. He continued to work out every day, strengthening his body and mind. He read books on strategy, politics, and history, trying to stay sharp and focused.

Eventually, Hallow found a way to use his intelligence to his advantage. He became the go-to person for other inmates who needed help with legal issues, writing letters, or even just advice on how to navigate the prison system. He even started teaching classes on basic self-defense techniques and strategies.

Hallow realized that the key to surviving in prison was not physical strength, but mental agility. He had to adapt to his new surroundings, learn the rules, and find ways to use his skills to his advantage.

As time passed, Hallow's reputation grew, and he became a respected figure among the other prisoners. He was no longer seen as a threat but as a valuable resource. But even with his newfound status, Hallow never forgot his ultimate goal: to escape and find a way to assume a new identity once more.

It wasn't going to be easy, but Hallow knew that he had the intelligence, strength, and determination to make it happen. And he was willing to do whatever it took to make that a reality.

Hallow sat in the cold, cramped interrogation room, his hands bound behind his back. Two detectives sat across from him, one older and gruff-looking, the other younger and more sympathetic in appearance. Hallow was quiet, his eyes scanning the room for any potential escape routes, but he knew he was trapped.

The older detective leaned forward, his voice stern. "We know you're a trained assassin, Hallow. So let's cut the crap and tell us what you were doing in that abandoned warehouse with Alcove."

Hallow remained silent, his mind racing. He knew he couldn't reveal anything that would incriminate Alcove or Roan, but he also couldn't risk revealing too much about his own abilities.

The younger detective spoke up, a hint of compassion in his voice. "We're not here to hurt you, Hallow. We just want to know what happened. Maybe we can help you."

Hallow sighed, knowing he couldn't keep up the silence for much longer. He looked up at the detectives and spoke, his voice calm and measured. "I can't tell you much, but I can say that I was working for a private organization. We were hired to retrieve a stolen item from that warehouse. That's all I can say."

The detectives exchanged a look, clearly not satisfied with Hallow's vague answer. The older detective stood up, his eyes locked on Hallow. "You're not leaving this room until you give us more than that. We have ways of making you talk."

Hallow felt a twinge of fear but remained outwardly calm. He knew he was strong enough to resist most forms of torture, but he also knew that he couldn't risk revealing too much about his abilities. He decided to play it safe and remain silent, hoping that Alcove and Roan were safe and out of harm's way.

After hours of grueling interrogation, Hallow remains tight-lipped and refuses to reveal any information about Alcove or Roan. The interrogators are left frustrated and in disbelief at Hallow's unwavering loyalty. Despite being imprisoned, Hallow remains steadfast in his commitment to protect his brother and Alcove at any cost. The thought of their safety keeps him strong as he prepares for what may lie ahead...