Chapter 1 - Just a Killing and a Dream

Gorou's corpse was just laying in the middle of the forest. I'll leave his body there.

I sat on a bench after I killed the gynecologist. I still can't believe that I just killed a person. I pushed him off the cliff, and-

My thoughts were cut off because of the sudden honk of a van that was incoming. It was Hikaru.
The headlights of the vehicle blinded me. Hikaru stepped out of the van and went to talk to me.

"You killed him off?"

"Yep, I just did."

"Very nice, this is just the first step. Ai delivered her twins safely."

"What? Isn't that what we're trying to prevent?"

"Oh, no, I decided to let Ai have a safe delivery. The juicy part of the operation comes in years later, we'll watch the twins grow first. And I'll give you the signal when to execute the murderer of Ai herself. That way, Ai will suffer, and so will the twins."

I couldn't believe this man. He was despicable. I like it. I'm still confused about what his ulterior motive is. But killing Ai after lying to fans like us, is worth it.

"Truly abhorrent. Alright, Hikaru, I'll follow your commands."

"Very well," he said.

I noticed a strange glimmer in his eyes, the shape of stars, black stars. I wonder why I didn't notice this nine months before our plan. It's kind of similar to Ai's? No, no, Ai has white stars. But how come Hikaru has black ones?

"So, are you coming to the van or what?"

I was becoming light-headed with my thoughts. I'll figure this out later.

"Oh, uh, of course."

We got in the van, it was dark inside. Observing the path through the mountain I saw Gorou's corpse, it was disturbing. But killing him was pretty satisfying. Pushing him off the cliff like that, it seems kinda badass.

Hikaru and I finally arrived back in Tokyo, and both of us said our send-offs.

"We'll meet up at the same cafe tomorrow, alright? We'll discuss the flow of events over the next few years, otherwise, this operation will be"

"Yes, yes, it will be a flaw."

"Lovely. Have a good night's sleep, Ryosuke. You did well today."

"Good night, Hikaru."

I exited the van and went back to my apartment, and I did not get a good night's sleep.

I had a dream.
I saw two people, probably around the age of sixteen.

The first one was a girl, and she looked similar to Ai.  She had blond hair, her eyes were pink, and has a white star on her left eye. She was an idol, and she was singing to her heart's content. I could hear the cheers of the crowd as she sings, I immediately recognized the song, it was one of B-Komachi's iconic ones. What could this possibly mean?

The second one was a boy, and this boy, he looked similar to Hikaru. Like the girl, he had blond hair, blue eyes, and a white star on his right eye. He was an actor, and judging by his acting he was extremely talented and superb. Yet, after an acting scene, his eyes had stars that were dullish black, exactly like Hikaru's stars.

I had a hard time deciphering this dream. What could this mean?

***

The next day Hikaru and I went to the same cafe and discussed Ai's delivery.

Hikaru showed me a picture of Ai's kids.
"Ai had twins, a boy, and a girl, both with blond hair-"

"Wait, they have pink and blue eyes. And they both each got a star... Hikaru, I need to tell you something."

"Hm, what is it?"

"I had a dream, about a girl and a boy. The girl was an idol, and the boy was an actor. And they look exactly like these twins. In my dream, they were already teens, but there's no mistake that these babies and those teens are the same people."

"Interesting... I'm not a dream decipherer so what else can I do? What I can say is that you might have prophecized the future of these twins. Their names are legally registered as 'Aquamarine Hoshino', the boy, and 'Ruby Hoshino', the girl."

I was certain that these babies, Aquamarine and Ruby, are the ones in my dream.
These twins... Ai is going to pay for what she has done.

"Tomato, to-mah-toe, we'll continue to, examine  Ai's every move. As her fan, you would be able to do that as well right?" Hikaru asked.

"I don't have the same sources as you, so I won't be able to know about her private life, but through videos and such, I might be able to acquire some information," I replied.

"We also should be observing the twins, who knows how fast they'll grow up, eventually they will catch up on what's happening. You should be able to kill Ai before the twins get enrolled in elementary school."

"Got you, Hikaru."

"Lovely, and with this, our meeting comes to an end. Pleasure working with you, Ryosuke, as always."

"Uh, yeah, sure, you too."

I couldn't sleep that night, I mean, every night it's always like this, but even though twelve hours have passed since I dreamed about that, it's still fresh in my mind.

Aquamarine. Ruby. What have you got in store?