I

update 151016 // BEFORE YOU READ: this is the final book. the first book is called "hold me," so go read it now. also, this book does contain self harm okay bye world xx

Tyler

16.02.15

11:40 a.m.

I woke up.

I'm awake.

I'm alive.

I smile because I realised that I'm still breathing. That I'm still living. How, though? I was in a car accident and I got him by a car...

I look down at my hands and see that one hand is missing. I look over to my right and see my bed. On my bed, I see a man. I walk over to him and gasp. It's me. Wait, am I dead? I look at my heart monitor and see that it's still beeping. I calm down for a second and take a moment to take this all in. I didn't know how I am awake, but asleep. Can people see me? I walk up to the nurse standing next to me and I look her in the eye. She didn't even notice me. So no one can see me.

I look over at myself again and see that half of my arm is missing. I then walk over to myself again and place my good hand, my left hand, over my mouth. I saw myself and I looked so bad. There were burnts all over my neck and face and arms. I had scratches on my face. Also, my head was bandaged. Probably brain damage? Or a burnt head? Either way, I have brain damage.

I look towards the door, hoping someone would open it so I can escape this room. Or can I walk through walls?

Just as I was about to walk through the walls, the door bursts open revealing a worried Troye, Zoe, and Alfie. Troye covers his mouth with his hands and quietly sob. But then he stops and rushes to my left side. He turns over my wrists and looks at them and starts to cry. I look down at my feet. He knows about my scars. Does he remember? I hope not, though. Troye then picks up my hand and kisses it. He keeps our hands intertwined and he buries his face in the bed.

"He's still alive, by the way, sir," the nurse in the room informs Zoe, Alfie, and Troye. Troye nods and looks back at me, still crying.

"Can you just... Leave us alone in the room? I know he's asleep... I just... I just want to talk to him even though he is asleep," Troye politely asks everyone in the room. They nod and leave the room. Then, they shut the door. I look over to Troye and he buries his face into my chest. I could hear his sobs. After a few seconds, he looks back up at me, his face red and flushed.

"Hi, Tyler," Troye croaks. I laugh. I wish he could hear me, but I know he can't.

"I... I remember everything. I remember the day we met, the day we first hugged, the day we first kissed, and the day you told me you loved me. I remember what Connor did to me. I remember when you told me that you will always be there for me. That you would always protect me. And... And you did. Up until the... The car crash. Not yours, mine. I remember everything about the car crash. I remember that I got hit and you were scared as fuck. Everyone was, actually." I smile at his words. What is he doing, though?

"Tilly, I want to say that I want you to be the first I tell if I remembered, if that makes sense. Probably not. It means that I want you to be the first to hear the words, 'I remember' coming out of my mouth. And you are. Zoe, Alfie, and the nurse left the room and the door is shut. So basically, you're the only one I have told. So far. I'm going to tell Zoe soon, though.

"Also, Tilly, I want you to know that I realised now why you didn't tell me about the scars on my wrists. It was because you were protecting me from hurting myself. You risked me. Basically. You kept me from not remembering... Just so I won't hurt myself. And that kind of worked. Until I saw your scars. I don't know... It just triggered my memory back to normal. I was kind of scared, though, when I remembered. Because I wasn't with you and you were basically my sun shine. My everything.