Chapter 1 - He Cares

Kaveh's long strides through what seemed like never-ending dunes of sand made mirages wiggle in his vision. An oasis danced in his line of sight which seemed to get further the more steps he took towards it- yet his goal was a building, or rather, a primordial monument- the Ancient Ruins.

He could see one in the distance, standing great and proud, despite its age. The majestic buildings did not look any older than a day- yet were thousands of years old.The intricate designs of the monuments were visible even from a considerable distance, which is what fascinated Kaveh and encouraged him to go on this expedition. He intended to take a closer look and being the excellent architect he is, study the more architectural elements and look into the foundations of these buildings.

After what felt like an hour, but was about 10 minutes, Kaveh reached a platform that lead to one of the ancient ruins. He had to look up to fully fit it all in his view, which exaggerated its size.Though, what he wasn't expecting was another person at the foot of the Ruin in front of him. Squinting did not help Kaveh's vision focus on the man that stood just about 100 metres away from him.

"Students have no business here and Eremites always travel in groups, so who can that be?" Kaveh mentally questioned, looking at the lone man.

Despite the questions that arose in his mind, Kaveh walked closer to the building and when he was about 30 feet away from the person, he almost dropped Mehrak onto the ground from surprise. His footsteps were not quiet, yet the man, who had his back to Kaveh, did not turn around- almost as if he was expecting him...

"What are you doing here...?" Kaveh protruded his hand to point at the man, who finally turned around to face him. Out of all people at all times, he somehow happened to be here. It seemed like trouble would follow Kaveh everywhere, but this time, he'd brought himself straight to the trouble.

"I could ask you the same, quiet frankly." Alhaitham responded, shutting the book that rested in his right hand and turning around.

"Ugh! And here I was, thinking I would be able to venture this place on my own- in peace!" Kaveh placed his hands on his hips to portray his frustration, knowing Alhaitham would nag him about being there.

"I believe studies matter more than tourism, which is what I am assuming you are here to do." The latter muttered.

"You are completely wrong. Well...Maybe a little right- but I am here to study too!" Kaveh explained as he opened up his briefcase to pull out his own book in which he took notes and doodled ideas.

"Architectures need inspiration too, you know." He added.

══════════════════

Once nighttime began approaching, Alhaitham started wrapping things up.

"I am going back. I suggest you come with me." Alhaitham looked at Kaveh, who was resting on the brick floor of the entrance of the Ruin.

Even though Kaveh desired to be able to have a stroll through the cool desert night on his own he knew it wasn't exactly a great idea, as the desert's coldness was just as harsh as the hotness during the day. Not to mention, he wasn't opposing Alhaitham's idea too much, as he had spared him from the unnecessary bickering they'd do so often because he chose to focus on his book, so Kaveh felt that they were somewhat on good terms. But he knew it would be temporary.