Jan-e Delam

( This is going to be the last chapter :( )

The night before the day they were going to journey to Fontaine, Kaveh tossed and turned in bed without a blink of sleep. He clenched his eyes shut and tried his best to dismiss his thoughts, knowing sleep was something he absolutely needed because without it, he'd probably pass out half way through the journey just like he'd usually do in the desert.

Haitham was already dead asleep, facing away from Kaveh, which was something he was thankful about because he didn't want to keep him up as well. 

Kaveh's thoughts were tinted with anxiety but also excitement. The thought of meeting his mother after so many years...her face was plastered to the back of Kaveh's eyelids and every time he closed them to try and sleep, he saw that face and couldn't wait any longer to see it in person once again. He hoped his mother was as excited as he was to meet him. 

~~~

Kaveh managed to get a few minutes of broken slumber in the caravan with which they were travelling to the edge of the desert, where the sand met the sea and an unbelievably enormous waterfall awaited, which had a whole city resting atop. 

Haitham helped Kaveh off the caravan as they took in the unreal scenery that lay in front of them. A waterfall so large that the water seemed to be endlessly flowing in slow motion, crashing down on the rocks beneath forming rainbows with steam. 

Several fishing boats were parked near the dock, and the people roaming the platform seemed like ants from such a distance. 

"Shall we?" Haitham's voiced snapped Kaveh out of the daze he was in, as he held his hand out for his lover to take. 

In response, the corner of Kaveh's lips curled into an anxious smile as he placed his hand in Haitham's and boarded the boat that was going to let them cross the body of water separating them from the dock. 

A slightly rough journey across the unsmooth waters later, they finally got off the boat, glad that it was finally over. 

Immediately upon stepping out, Kaveh's eyes grew with awe at the impressive display of architecture in front of them. It was truly something you'd expect when adventuring into a new city-- a grand entrance. 

However, as usual, Haitham's attention was on his lover's expression, instead of the scenery. He couldn't help but feel internally joyed to see Kaveh in a better mood already. But suddenly, something else seemed to catch his attention-- a poster, stuck to one of the lamp posts. 

It said something about a magic show that would be taking place at the "Opera Epiclese" tonight by a magician named Lyney. It all sounded a little familiar to Haitham, and he wondered if Kaveh would be interested in seeing that. 

"Come on, let's get going. Otherwise we'll be late!" Kaveh mentioned as he beckoned Haitham towards the elevator shaft, which was just as big as the waterfall. 

~~~

After a journey on the aquabus, where they'd gotten a mini tour of Fontaine by a creature known as a Melusine, Kaveh and Haitham had found their way to the Court of Fontaine, where they would be staying at a hotel. The place was booming with people from all nations and walks of life, making the atmosphere just as lively as the streets of Sumeru city. Amongst the people were clockwork meka, surveying the area as if they were guards. 

The advancement of technology was evident from the very entrance of the nation, but the further they went in, the more impressive it got. 

Nevertheless, they figured they couldn't spend much time touring the city just yet, as their first objective was to visit Kaveh's mother's home, so they used the tour guide they'd received from the aquabus to find their way to the hotel, after which they got into their rented room and began putting on the suits that they'd gotten tailored and customised for them.