Chapter 7 Thinking Out Loud

Chapter 7 Lauren's POV
This camp is bigger than I expected it to be. I guess there track tryouts are really big here at USC. I walked to the track and started stretching. All the girls looked at my disgust because I'm from UCLA. "UCLA." I turned to my left as three girls wearing USC track stuff came up to me,"Are you here to run some real competition?" "Real?" I asked,"UCLA track's program run against the lower teams, that's why you win all the time because you have no real competition." She looked at me from head to toe,"Are you the real competition?" "Me?" I looked around and laughed,"Don't test me." "If your as good as people say you are, then win." "It's tryouts." I said,"Not to everyone. Try winning for your boyfriend celebrity of yours, what was his name... Hunter Hayes?" I clenched my teeth together as my hands curled up into a fist,"getting angry now huh?" She said as she laughed,"maybe that will make you run harder." Then she left to go stretch. Hunter Hayes isn't my boyfriend anymore, and if you want me to compete? Hell, you know I will.

"First track event is the 4x100 relay race." The head coach of USC told us. So many girls are here from different colleges trying out today and it's nerve racking. "UCLA, New Mexico State, Florida State, and Stanford are on one team." I looked around as the three other girls came to me. "I can't believe I'm partnered with you." The girl from New Mexico State told me with excitement, I laughed,"we're going to kill this event." I said trying to give the team confidence. The team put me as the last to run because I was the fastest, the girl from USC who was talking all the crap to me was the last to run too. "What a quiescence for me and you to go head to head!!" I gave her a dirty look. I looked at the stands as they were filled. I can't believe all these people come to watch track tryouts. It still surprises me. The gun fired as the runners took off. My team is in second right now. The baton was handed to the second runner, then the third. I got on my toes getting ready to run,"Good luck UCLA." I looked at,"shut the hell up." I said as the baton was handed to me as I was now running.

Me and the USC girl were head to head. Running against each other. The crowd cheered as me and her were fighting for first. She tried pushing me out of bounds which made me more mad. You can't do that. Go Lauren, I sped up faster then faster. Next moment I was in first place and crossed the finish line. I fell from running so fast, my legs were shaky, weak. The whole crowd screamed as we won the first track event. I tried standing on my feet, but I ran so fast I couldn't get up. A hand reached around my body and helped me up, I stood up straight as I lost my balanced and held on to whoever caught me just now. "You alright?" I looked up as Hunter helped me up...