Guardian Angels - part 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, 14th of December 2022, 8 am

Taehyung walked out of his apartment at the normal time but to his surprise Jungkook was standing on the other side of the street.

Taehyung ran through the crossroad and fixed his glasses.

'Hi!' he said.

'Hi...' Jungkook looked down. 'How is your hand?'

'It's fine... It will be hard to hold the pen but I will manage. And you?'

'Few bruises...' Jungkook shrugged and finally looked at Taehyung. The corner of the other's lips was still a bit purple. 'Does it hurt?'

Taehyung tried... but he in the end couldn't suppress the smile.

'How did you survive all those fights being this kind lil bean?' he asked a bit mockingly.

Jungkook sent him a death glare.

They walked to the University taking Taehyung's usual way. He entered the caffe and asked about his sandwich but the lady said that they changed the menu till new year for Christmas Special and his sandwich won't be there.

Jungkook tried to hide his giggles seeing Taehyung's betrayed face expression.

'Maybe tune one?' the lady offered kindly.

'No, thank you...' Taehyung said sulkingly. He bought two take away teas only and gave one to Jungkook.

Jungkook stuck his nose inside the paper cup immediately.

'Something funny for you?' Taehyung asked with a sullen tone.

Jungkook furiously shook his head, but the giggles escaped his mouth.

'What is so special about this sandwich?'

'It is perfect. The right amount of lettuce, the right kind of cheese and delicious, fresh grilled chicken and no tomato, just fresh cucumber!' he said, dreamily. 'My mom makes a similar one...'

'And you will be starving cause they won't make it till January?'

'I won't... I will just suffer...' Taehyung scrunched his nose, pouting.

Jungkook shook his head and they walked further, with Taehyung as always asking questions. About Jungkook's studies, his baseball practice. When he has exams. And Jungkook replying more or less eagerly to each of them.

But it was really interesting to walk with Jungkook... and notice small things about him in the pure daylight.

He bent to pick up the empty plastic bottle and threw it into the garbage. He held the doors for a woman with a child trying to enter the grocery shop...