CHAPTER-9

Shourya's POV...

I was making my way inside the palace as I was back from and important meeting when a melodious voice which I am intending to hear my whole life, grabbed my attention. I looked around to find her and spotted her standing in front of the palace with the female guard beside her and looking nervously at the surroundings. I slowly made my way towards them and stand at a little distance. They were talking about someone being scared. I couldn't hold my curiosity any more and asked,

"Who is scared, Ms. Tripty?"

They both turned towards me and I could the most innocent and divine face ever! I was lost looking at her wide eyes and shocked face when Ms. Tripty's voice brought me back from my dreamland.

"Good noon, your highness."

She said bowing her head down. I nodded at her and looked beside her to find Aaravi standing there with her head bowed down as well. It didn't go well with me. I would never ever want her to bow down in front of me. She will be demanding! Not be bowing down!

I couldn't hold the urge to talk to her. So, I asked in a low voice which only she would be able to hear,

"Never bow down in front of me, JAAN."

Swiftly she rose her head and was looking at me with her shock filled wide eyes. It always amused me that how easily she gets alerted around me. I love to see her shocked face and I feel satisfied to know that I am the reason behind it.

Keeping my eyes at the person who is snatching my sleep and occupying my thoughts all the time nowadays, I said for the guard named Tripty,

"Ms. Tripty, you can leave. I will lead Ms. Aaravi from here."

As soon as these words left my mouth, I saw Aaravi's eyes widening even more. Ms. Tripty nodded at me and and bidding Aaravi good bye, she left. I saw Aaravi glancing at her helplessly.

After Ms. Tripty was gone, I looked at Aaravi and she visibly froze. I was enjoying her state but dropping my plan of scaring her more, I cleared my throat to grab her attention.

"Let's go inside, JAAN." Everyone is waiting for you. It wouldn't be good to keep them waiting."

Gulping hard, she nodded her head at me.

"Use your words, Ms. Mehta! Talk looking at me in the eyes."

She again nodded her head looking down.

"I don't like to repeat myself. Understood?"

"Y- yes."

"Good. Now let's go!"

I made my way inside with Aaravi right beside me.

____________________________

Aaravi's POV...

If it was possible, my heart would have been out of my ribcage by now. It's thumping like a loud speaker in my chest.

What was all that? JAAN? Am I mistaken again?

Shaking my head, I tried to get the probably wrong thoughts out of my mind and tried to concentrate on the happenings around me.

All the things inside the palace which were coming in my view were fascinating me and suddenly I started to feel really very insecure of my appearance. Apparently, I never care about other's opinion on me but don't know from where this feeling of insecurity occupied my mind.

____________________________

Queen Subha on the other hand is very excited to meet the girl whom her dear husband can't stop praising. Also hearing from Ruhi and Kabeer, she can't help but look forward to meet the girl and get to know her.