☠︎︎ A Day On The Island ☠︎︎

"Woohoo!" You yelled

Deathcutter shrieked as he flew beside you, you were heading face first towards the water and so was Deathcutter.

He flapped his wings before gliding behind you and pulling up so that he would be able to catch you on his back, he was much larger than you so the chances of him missing you was quite low.

After getting onto his back he began to twirl through the sky in a straight light, you held on and tucked yourself lower into his back as he performed the trick.

You looked up happily as he stopped spinning, the island was up ahead and you couldn't wait to get back onto it.

The island was called Graveyard Island, it was barren and filled with dragon bones although a cave would lead into a lush area with vines, moss, flowers, grass, shrubs and many more different kinds of plants.

"Let's go!" You grinned

Deathcutter roared as he tucked his wings in and went under an odd rock formation before making a sharp turn and heading inside of the cave that had quite a big tunnel since it could fit a dragon like Deathcutter and his wingspan inside.

Light that was filtered in from outside could be seen, he entered the crater with rocks that were formed over it happily before propelling off a rock inside and sealing a precise and timed landing on the ground.

He shook himself which made many bones rattle and clack against others, you smiled as you hopped off of his back and watching Night Terrors scurry off and outside the cave so that they wouldn't have their own bones be collected once Deathcutter noticed the extra dragons.

"Let's get you some fish, we've been flying all morning so the least I could assume is that you're at least a little bit hungry." You said

Deathcutter roared at you and began to follow you carefully towards where uncooked fish would be, you opened the basket and pat his side before walking off as he began to eat the fish.

You walked over and looked at your dagger that was set on top of a rock, a sharp dragon rib cage was around the actual blade for some flare.

It was a small rib cage that fit tightly around the blade which you were pleased about, you had found it in one of Deathcutter's many bone piles so you took it.

Not like he needed something that small, and his armour was already complete.

You grabbed it and set it down on the grass before sitting up against a rock and grabbing a piece of cloth, it was used as a blanket for you incase it got cold at night or in the day.

It needed to be stitched up much better and that was your plan until the sun went down and you got tired.

After getting ahold of some string and a sewing tool, you began to stitch it up.

Deathcutter walked over to you and moved you forward before laying down, you propped your head on his side and continued fixing the cloth made out of sheep's wool.

You began to stitch up the blanket as Deathcutter made himself comfortable beside you.

Things have been happening recently, ships and viking bones have been washing up on shore and most are scorched and singed.

Sometimes actual Vikings wash up on shore, most recall themselves falling off ships because dragons attacked them.

They're all hunters, that's why you leave them for dead once Deathcutter gets interested in them. It's only appropriate.

You wondered who was attacking those ships, dragons usually don't do that on their own and they need some sort of training to take an actual hunter ship.

Riders. You've seen your fair share of hunter ships and fair share of wild dragons attacking them, it's hard without someone guiding you on every move for a dragon.

Wild dragons don't have that type of person.

One of the attackers was most likely a Deadly Nadder, some had spines impaled in them or sharp pieces of it.

You saw the light in the cave dim and you noticed that you were done with stitching up the blanket so you shifted yourself over.

Deathcutter roared and raised a wing as his bones rattled and cracked while they rubbed up against each other.

You placed the blanket elsewhere and rolled on your side, Deathcutter's wing fell and you were left in complete darkness due to how big his wings were along with how much space the bones took up.

The dragons that you have seen didn't have riders which meant they were most likely new, somehow they've been able to slip past you completely or you haven't been in the correct places at the right time.

It was weird, new dragon riders? 

Deathcutter was on edge about the whole thing, he didn't enjoy seeing or being around new dragons for some reason and you could never tell why. 

Maybe it was the bone armour he had? Most dragons end up scuttling off when he gets within ten feet of them which he enjoys.

More space for him to take up and one less dragon that takes up the space that could be used up by him.

You wouldn't mind helping other Vikings take down the dragon hunting industry but what would they think of a Boneknapper on the team, Deathcutter most likely has at least one dragon bone from the same class if not the same species.

Boneknapper's don't exactly communicate with other dragons for too long, they mainly stick to themselves from what you've seen.

Sometimes Deathcutter can attract and call over Boneknapper's if he's feeling bored, they don't stay for too long and whenever another dragon such as a Changewing... it doesn't end too well.

You began to get tired so you lifted up Deathcutter's wing and saw that he was already fast asleep, something in the bushes made it shake which meant a Terrible Terror was in the area and most likely searching for leftover fish.

After laying down idly for a few moments, you seemed to fall asleep quite easily and you didn't even notice you fell asleep too. Perfect.