☠︎︎ Another Encounter ☠︎︎

It was the next day so you and Deathcutter were out hunting for different islands, you were a little bored in the morning so you made a quick change of plans.

You were hoping for something much more than just an island, you needed to stop Viggo and you needed to stop him fast.

After a couple minutes of you flying with your dragon, Deathcutter seemed to land instinctively for some reason. 

There wasn't any reason known to you as to why he just landed on a different island.

After getting off your dragon, you looked around at him as he began to sniff around the place before running around the beach.

"Why'd we land here?" You asked

Deathcutter turned around and looked at the sky before shrieking aggressively, he knew something you didn't.

A familiar roar seemed to return to Deathcutter, it sounded like it was aggressive yet passive at the same time.

Five dragons appeared in the sky along with six riders, the dragon riders from Berk had heard Deathcutter and came to check it out.

"Wait!" Hiccup yelled

You didn't have your helmet on, you quickly picked it up off the ground and put it onto your head before turning around to face the five dragons who were hovering in the air at the moment.

The Zippleback created small explosions on the way down before getting ready to create quite the gas cloud for quite the explosion.

"Ruff! Tuff!" Astrid shouted

Gas seemed to appear near you and your dragon, Deathcutter looked around cautiously before roaring in distress and jumping onto you so that you wouldn't be impacted by the explosion that was about to happen.

In the next few seconds, flashes of strong light along with loud crashing were in the area which meant they set it off.

Deathcutter looked at you before swaying his tail to wait for the right moment to strike.

You immediately hopped onto your dragon once he got up, he used his tail as a weapon and swung at the Zippleback in front of him.

"AHH!" Fishlegs screamed

Fishlegs and his Gronckle were crushed by the Zippleback, both your siblings flew off their dragons but were caught by others from the same team.

"We don't mean any harm! The twins are just-" Hiccup trailed off

Deathcutter was in danger, whether a Zippleback was no match for a Boneknapper or not he was still at risk of receiving permanent damage from the explosions they're able to make.

You weren't about to risk your own dragon to get some answers.

"Into the air!" You exclaimed

The Deadly Nadder shot some spines at Deathcutter but they bounced off him and onto the ground due to the bones on himself that act as armour.

Deathcutter roared and propelled into the air, he began to spin as he climbed the sky whilst breathing fire so that the riders would be unsuccessful in getting close to him.

"Fly into the clouds! Once they get there you've gotta dive so that they don't see you get away!" You informed

He stopped breathing fire and reached the clouds before shifting to flying in a line, the riders got into the clouds but they were turned the other way.

Deathcutter began to dive, he reached the end of the clouds and you immediately saw the blue sky again once he got out of them.

"Next time, give me a heads up when they're around! I almost got blown to pieces, and you did too!" You exclaimed

Your dragon rolled his eyes before shaking himself, you pat his neck happily as you looked around to make sure you and him were in the clear.

Your siblings just tried to kill you? Or harm you? Well, they didn't know that you were their siblings due to you being a faceless rider but still.

They used their Zippleback and attempted to explode both you and your dragon or at least put you at a disadvantage, if Deathcutter didn't have the armour and wasn't there you most likely would've died or became unresponsive afterwards.

Death is something you no longer fear, it happens to every viking once they reach a specific time in their life.

Sometimes it'll happen to dragons, some dragons are able to live forever while others are destined to become simple bones one day.

You smiled once you realized no one was following you, that meant your plan worked.

"This means we have to look on an island another day, Viggo's trappers must not be here yet since it would've been quite obvious to me and Berk's dragon riders. We've still got a bunch of time to prepare to fight Viggo, they can be considered as backup since we're fighting for the same thing. We might be quite the strong duo, but there's always the stronger team." You smiled

Deathcutter roared and turned so that he could officially begin making his way back to Graveyard Island, you hoped that they weren't trying to catch up to you or find you since it'd cause a bunch of problems for both parties.

Deathcutter could take a few blasts from a few dragons along with use his brute strength and size to his advantage, bones weren't smooth on the ends.

That didn't mean he wouldn't have a hard time, but since you were there you were able to deal with the dragon riders a bit more well then he could.

They were most likely going to emphasize on a dragon that was protecting its rider, that would be where they would fail.

Empathy can be good, but it can be bad.

"So! What day do you want to try and find Viggo's fleet out here? Your turn to choose." You stated

You smiled as Deathcutter roared at you once which meant he wanted to go back out there to search tomorrow, you pat his head before nodding and looking around the skies.

Deathcutter usually chose things and when he did it usually went well, there was absolutely no way you would not listen to your dragon.

He was the one with the better senses and he was much stronger than you, strong wits and a strong piece of mind was obviously something you needed and something you listened to.