⭆ [ PROLOGUE ] - A Bad Memory

You were heading back towards your home, as the halls were more lively this time. You'd look around, spotting Worker Drones moving crates here and there, as students hanged out with their friends, you'd continue to head towards your home. Instead of slacking off, you'd decide to review for the upcoming tests, not wanting to lower your grades. Soon, you would eventually arrive to your home as you'd enter,

Y/N: " Hey mom. " You'd greet as you'd close the door behind you, setting the bag down on the floor.

Mother: " How was school? " She'd ask, typing on a computer.

Y/N: " It was okay. " You'd eventually walk towards your room.

Mother: " Okay, make sure to study hard! " Your mother spoke, trying to encourage you.

Eventually you'd enter your room, closing the door behind you. The room as fairly simple, it had a single bed with a desk and a chair nearby, with a couple of shelves filled to the brim with books, and of course, a closet full of clothes. If you don't mind the chair, if you know, you know. You'd change, as you got into your regular clothes and then proceeded to lay down on your bed, after grabbing one of your favorite books. You would soon begin to skim through pages, eventually reaching the page where you last left off of as you'd sort of drift off, with you in your own world. You've always dreamt of actually seeing nature. You haven't exactly seen nature in person, but you have actually seen it in some pictures here and there from your books. You've managed to know the basics, a couple names of flowers, trees, and even names of grass. You've also started to study on their structure, down to the molecular level. Now that I realize, you're starting to sound like a bit of a Botany nerd, eh?

As you'd eventually snap back into reality. You somehow managed to have fallen asleep. Either it was from boredom or because you were tired, it doesn't really matter anyway. No matter what, you still passed the time nonetheless. You'd close the book that as in front of you as you'd get up from laying down, eventually sitting on your bed. You'd look around once more, it was just silence. You'd sigh, suspecting everyone already went to sleep as you'd get up from your bed, taking your book with you as you'd return it back into the bookshelf. You'd try to move around silently as you don't really want to wake anyone up. You'd get out of your room, as you'd close the door behind you. Deciding to head into the library since you wondered if there were anymore books regarding nature itself, so you'd head out, closing the door behind you. As you'd enter the hallway, it'd be empty as everyone was asleep. You'd start to head towards your favorite spot to hangout in, specifically one that as sort of hidden.

Y/N: " Ah! There it is. " You mumbled to yourself as you'd eventually move a loose plate on the wall, only to reveal some sort of dark room.

You'd eventually walk towards the west wall as you'd move a loose panel slightly. It wouldn't really expose much, or reveal you to the Disassembly Drones from the outside. How? Well, you found out that the room was some sort of observatory room. It was mostly surrounded by one-way glass. How did you find out? When you first found this room when you were out exploring, you moved the panel, a Disassembly Drone squadron was literally right outside. Saying you had a heart attack would be an understatement. The view outside of the room overlooked a small patch of flat land, which made it sort of easy for Disassembly Drones to land on. As you backed away from the glass, you realized that they couldn't see you, even if some glanced over to your direction. The squadron eventually flew off as you would let out a relieved sigh, coming to the conclusion that the glass was one-way. . . Hopefully.

What would you be doing in the room? Well, you use it for its presumably old purpose which was to observe something. In this case, you use the room to observe the patrols of the Disassembly Drones, and their activity. You'd sat down, as you'd look towards the snowy scenery that was now in front of you. You'd stay silent, merely observing the scenery. It was sort of relaxing in a way, as some snowflakes would still fall down, with the sky being filled with the stars and the two other planets being present in the sky. It was quite, peaceful. . . All of course before your eyes would trail down towards the entrance of the colony which would be seen from the room, spotting a squadron of Disassembly Drones. This was a common sight, especially since the colony was sort of well known to a point. However, something that made you sort of nervous was, unlike the rest which after 15 minutes of trying to break the door, they'd leave. This squadron was taking their time. Rather than being annoyed or irritated by how the door stood still, they seemed to be making process.

Eventually, it would appear that the Disassembly Drones broke through the door as they'd enter, with the alarm lights and the alarm itself starting up once more. As you'd panic, you'd begin to close up the loose panel on the west wall and then ran out. You tried to find your Mother and Father but you can't seem to find them as there would be literal stampedes in the halls. You'd try your best, but you still couldn't find them as you'd run back to the hidden room, closing it. You'd huddle in a corner, bringing your knees up to your chest as you'd begin to slightly hyperventilate. There would be faint sounds of gunshots, pained screams, and explosions outside of the room. You could only pray that they wont find the hidden room. You couldn't do anything, there weren't any nearby objects you could use as effective weapons, and your fists would most likely just get cut off if you try to fight them. . .

Things stayed silent for a long while as you'd try to keep yourself awake, as everything died down. There wasn't even any conversing, it was total silence. After an hour or two, you'd decide to eventually exit, having been saved by pure luck. You'd walk around, there were guts and oil spilled everywhere as well as mutilated worker drone bodies. It would be quite the traumatizing sight, literal guts, severed arms, worker drones split in half as they had an expression of fear; dread on their face. You'd continued to walk around, as you'd eventually walked all around the colony, it was all empty and silent. You'd find your mother and father dead on the ground, as it seemed like your father tried to protect your mother for a while, but they ultimately failed. You'd probably want to shed tears, but since you're a drone, you quite literally couldn't. Eventually, you paid your respects and stayed in the colony until Sun rise as you'd began to walk away from the colony. While it would be of use to stay inside a colony, you'd decide to leave it be, as it became some sort of burial ground. You didn't know what to do; you were all alone.

Y/N: " . . . I-. . . You knew this would happen someday. Calm down, Y/N. " you'd try to calm yourself down, but it would obviously take some time before you'd recover. But even if you did, it would still leave a scar.

You'd continued to just wander around, unsure of what to do in your life anymore.